Honestly people! Just let me sleep!

Isa POV

It was the dead of night when I felt 10 people walk into my room. I sit up in my silk dress pajamas looking around at the circle of Dai Li agents that had surrounded me. Jerry is not one of them.

"I am faltered you think you need 10 agents to kill me" I say tying my hair back.

"We are not here to kill you" One of the agents on my left says "We are here to take you away" he says and I remain calm.

"Umm like on a date? Or 6 feet under?" I ask and the guards dont laugh, I thought I was funny... whatever.

"Come with us now" He warns and I get up. Scanning the room. There is no way they are taking me somewhere good... but can I take 10 Dai Li agents? Zuko is across the hallway maybe if I could-

"Get up and come with us before we use force" Another Dai Li agent threatens and I glance at him.

"Don't worry I like it rough" I wink and his eyes widen as I jump over him, kicking him from behind. The other Dai Li agents are in shock and I use that to take the chance to grab my lamp and send it flying towards one of the agents. The lamp shatters into a thousend pieces and brings the agents back into focus. I dance around their many attacks, the glass making my feet bleed. One agent seems to have remembered that I have the rocks around my wrists and presses hard. I yell out in my as the rock digs into my skin drawing blood. I drop to my knees, the glass embedding itself into my skin.

"Isa" I hear Zuko ask and I grin

"I-" I try to speak but an agent throws rock around my throat, pressing hard. My eyes widen and I feel tears build up in my eyes as he chocks me, a dark smile on his face.

"Isa!" Zuko yells more urgently and I fall with a thud onto the floor, my vision going in and out, my head pounding and my wrists burning. My eyes close and I feel myself give out as the rock presses harder around my throat before I feel it loosening. I cough, turning over to my back as I try to catch my breath.

"Isa" I hear Zuko breath and I watch as he kneels next to me.

"No" I mumble and he frowns "Glass, don't get hurt" I whisper before passing out to a panicking and fuming Zuko over me.

"She should be fine" I hear a faint voice say "You should go rest Prince Zuko"

"No-" I hear Zuko say and I smile "did she just...?" He mumbles and I feel something warm touch my hand. I squeeze it, liking the warmth and comfort it brings.

"I think she is waking up" a female voice says and my eyes flutter open. I watch as an older woman and Zuko stand over me in my room, concern etched in their faces. I try to open my mouth to speak but the woman shakes her head.

"Don't try to speak right now ok?" She asks and I nod confused "The pressure around your throat did considerable damage" My eyes widen "But!" She says quickly "Don't worry you'll be able to speak again, just let your throat rest, don't shake you head or make any sudden movements, and take it easy" She smiles and I smile. I look over at Zuko, and notice that I am holding his hand, which would normally make him blush but he seems to concerned right now to even bother.

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I smile, "Oh right um no speaking, ok how about 3 fingers for good and 4 for bad?" He asks and I lift my free left bandaged hand, lifting up 3 fingers. Zuko smiles and I smile back, making sure he doesn't go full panic mode. I point my finger to him and he looks at me confused, I point again and he nods "I feel fine, I didn't get any glass on me" He says and I smile, lifting up 3 fingers.

"Are you thirty?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow "No shaking head" Zuko sighs and I was about to nod, before stopping myself "Alright 1 finger for yes, 2 for no" He says and I raise 2 fingers. He chuckles and I look at him with a questioning look "If you were allowed to speak you would probably say this is like a game" He smirks and I grin, holding up 1 finger "Or you would call it our secret language" He chuckles and I hold up one finger again "I got rid of those Dai Li agents" Zuko says and I raise 3 fingers, good "Azula didn't let me exile all of her agents, only the 1o who attacked you yesterday, and now Jerry is under my command not hers, he's not here to watch over you anymore, he's here to protect you" Zuko smiles and I raise up 3 fingers again for good. This is good. I like Jerry, he kind of grew on me, and I'm sure he's happier that he isn't one of Azulas toys anymore. I wonder how long it would take her until she gets bored with the Agents and moves on to something 'cooler'.

"She should rest" the woman walks back and Zuko nods.

"Alright you heard the nurse, go to sleep" Zuko says turning to look at me and I fight every fiber in my body as I try not to laugh. I raise up 5 fingers and Zuko raises his eyebrows. "What does that mean?' He asks and I place a big smile on my face "You think its funny?" He asks and I raise up 1 finger, yes "Well I'm not trying to be funny, go to sleep" He says again and I grin. The nurse sighs, but leaves my bedroom, not bothering to argue with the Prince. Zuko lets go of my hand and walks over to the bedside table turning off the new lamp, making me realize that it is night, when the room goes dark. Zuko turns to look at me and I point to my wrist, as if I was pointing at a watch.

"It's 3 in the morning" he says and my eyes widen "You've been asleep for 25 hours" he mutters, and I get the feeling that he was counting, he turns to look at the floor before looking up at me "Alright, I'll go, Jerry is outside" He says and I raise 2 fingers, no "No?" Zuko asks and I raise 1 finger "Do you want me to stay?" I raise 1 finger again and the dark light almost masks Zukos blush "Alright, I'll take the couch" he says and I raise 2 fingers "what?" He asks and I point to the spot on the bed right next to me, the bed is huge anyways "You're hurt, I don't want to-" He tries and I raise one 6 fingers "Ok what's that?" he asks getter closer and I zip my mouth, trying to tell him to shut up "Really?" Zuko asks getting the message and I raise 1 finger "Ok, but you're sure?' He asks and I raise my 1 finger aggressively. Zuko chuckles getting into the right side of the bed, the side closer to the door, and I smile softly. I take his hand in mine, feeling the warmth radiating off of it slowly increase and I turn slowly to look at him.

"Shhh" he whispers "Go to sleep" he says and I smile, raising a fist since I cant raise 7 fingers "Whats that?" he asks and I grin, closing my eyes and going to sleep. He just huffs, and I smirk, falling asleep.

——————————————————-
Hey guys! So originally I had it planned that she would fallow the Dai Li agents and go to prison, where she would meet Suki, but it was super dry, and I didn't really like it. I had written 10 chapters before deciding that I didn't want to take my story there, oops. Never mind! Now Isa is in the fire nation palace and she is here to stay... or is she?

I would also like to give a special shoutout to TonixZuko who has been so supportive of this story! Thank you so much! ❤️

Have a wonderful day! Stay safe, and I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and happy! 🌻🌼🌞