Ch. 4 Family Time

"Can I get an iced coffee, half a sugar and a donut?" I watch as Kayla was interracting with a customer and the look on her face made me slightly laugh.

She nods then walks away, then catches my eyes and gives me a weird look. "How do I do half a sugar?" She asks as she stands next to me.

I smile as I grab a cup and show her what the customer was talking about. I knew that Kayla started yesterday, so she's still trying to figure things out and I'm happy to help.

After I was done, I handed her the cup and she let out a breath. "Thank you so much." She walked over to the customer and I continued sweeping.

It's been fairly busy today, but not that bad. It was nice to actually not have a lot of people coming in like on somedays. Usually it's so packed that we have to have all the workers on the clock.

Kayla was another worker, so that helps a lot when it starts getting busy. I honestly can't wait to see how she handles the days that we have a lot more people.

After the customer walked to a table with her items, I look over at Kayla as she was on her phone. I continue to sweep as I hated this part of the job. It was a lot better when there wasn't anyone here, but that's part of the job.

Clean.

After I was done behind the counter, I looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after twelve. It was lunch time but my lunch break isn't until twelve thirty, so I had another thirty minutes.

Great.

Sweeping from behind the counter, I looked around at everyone then started sweeping around the empty tables when nobody was sitting there. I really didn't like sweeping around people cause it just makes my job a little more hard when there's more trash afterwards.

As I was sweeping, I heard the door bell ring and I look towards it then saw Maddie and Tory walking in. I couldn't help but smile when they walked to the counter and was talking to Kayla.

Then Tory looks around and catches my eye, which I couldn't contain how big my smile was at this point.

She smiles at me then I started sweeping again, looking up every moment to see them walk to a table. I swept under an empty table before walking towards them and smiling.

"Hey." Maddie smiles at me as I stop next to their table.

Tory looks up at me and smiles. "Hey, baby."

"What are y'all doing?" I ask.

Maddie looks over at Tory. "She wanted to come see you. Plus, get some food. It's lunch time." She looks at her watch.

I smile over at Tory. "That's cute."

I watch as Maddie looks past me. "Who's the new girl? Never seen her here."

Looking over my shoulder, I saw Kayla wiping down the counter. I look back at them. "That's Kayla. She just started yesterday."

"She's cute." Maddie complimented.

Tory smiles at her. "You should get her number."

Maddie instantly shook her head. "No thanks. I mean, she's cute but I don't know. I get a bad vibe from her."

I gave her a confused look before looking back at Kayla, who looks up in time to see me looking at her. I look back at Maddie and shrug. I thought back to when she was at Pizza Hut. "Why do you get a bad vibe?"

Although I was getting the same thing from her, but wasn't about to say anything.

"I don't know. People's energy affect other people's and that's what I felt when I saw her."