Ch.25 Dead hour

Tory's POV

I could literally feel Carter's eyes on me the whole time as I was standing in front of the stove. I would catch her staring at me every time I'd turn my head, which made me smile and she'd return it.

I was making mac 'n cheese, which was her favorite. It was around eleven, so it was technically lunch. Maybe brunch, but I'm not sure.

Carter was sitting at the counter, watching me cook and watching every movement I was making.

I turn around to look at her, and saw that she was looking at her phone. I turned the stove off then took the pan from the heat.

Placing the pan on the counter, I grabbed a bowl then spooned some mac 'n cheese into it, then grabbing a spoon.

Turning around, I saw that Carter was on the phone with someone as I placed the bowl in front of her.

I heard her chuckle. "I'm good. How are you?"

I made me a bowl then placed the pan into the sink, pouring water into it before turning it off. I grabbed a spoon then walked around the counter and sat next to Carter.

"Yeah, we'll come over soon. We've just been spending time together."

Looking over at her, she was grabbing the spoon and taking a bite of her food. "I love you too, mom. Bye." She hung up then placed the phone on the counter.

"Was that mom?"

"Yeah," She spooned another bite. "she wants us to come over soon."

"You wanna go over there tomorrow? I want to spend time with you today since we didn't yesterday like we wanted to." I smile then took a bite of my food.

We really wanted to take this opportunity to spend time together. I knew that I had said that yesterday afternoon, but I didn't want Carter to miss an opportunity to hang out with Kayla.

I'm starting to trust her.

She isn't such a bad person, as far as I can see. Carter really enjoys hanging with her and I wouldn't do anything to take that away from her.

After we were done eating, we cleaned up then decided to cuddle on the couch. We didn't have any plans today which was perfect to just lay around and be lazy.

As Carter was looking through the channels, she was wrapped in my arms as I was holding onto her tightly. I kissed the side of her head as my eyes were on the tv, watching her scroll through channels.

"You wanna go walk Piper someday?"

She made a motion with her head as if she was unsure. "How hot is it?"

I grabbed my phone from the couch to see what the temperature was going to be today. When it came up, I saw that it was only suppose to be in the seventies.

I showed Carter and she nods. "Sure."

Kissing her head, I held onto her as she came across the cooking channel. I smiled as I watched it then heard Carter's phone start ringing.

Watching her pick it up, I saw Kayla's number on the screen. I watch as she removes herself from my embrace then stands up. "I'm going to take this." She walks upstairs and out of sight.

Leaning back into the couch, I look at the tv before hearing my phone start ringing also. I picked it up and saw Maddie's number on it then answered it.

"Hello?"

"Heyy, so what's up?"

I look at the tv. "Just laying around."