Ch. 21 Getting to know a little more

"That's pretty messed up." Kayla leans back and looks at me after I explained what happened earlier. I was still pissed about it and was speechless about everything.

I cross my arms before looking out the window. "I don't know. I guess it's our parents problem."

"I'm sorry." She said, which made me look at her. She leans up and looks down at the table for a moment. "What are you doing for the rest of the day?"

Shrugging, I heard my phone vibrate and saw Tory texting me. I opened the text as Kayla was drinking her coffee, looking around the Cafe.

Ok babe. I love you

I sent her a text back before placing my phone on the table. "What do you have in mind?"

She shrugs then leans on the table. "Maybe we can chill at my house?" She smiles. "If that's ok."

Nodding, I smile at her. "Sure thing."

After a few moments, we both got up and left the Cafe. We both drove here so we had separate cars to take.

Kayla stops in the parking lot and I watch her for a moment. "You wanna ride with me?"

"Sure."

We both got into her car and I knew my car was locked, so I had nothing to worry about. I watch as Kayla drives out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"So, Tory doesn't care about us hanging out?"

I look over at her as she was looking at the road, and when she glanced over at me, I shrugged. "Nope."

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I texted Tory and told her I was with Kayla. I placed my phone back in the pocket as Kayla turned down a road then looks over at me. "So, how did you like Tonia?"

"She was great." I said, which made her smile. "She said she's been doing that for a while."

"Yeah, she's the best. I went to her maybe like a year ago."

I look over at her as she was driving. "I thought you said you just moved here?"

Looking at me, she nods. "Yep, but I lived here before." She looks at the road. "I came down here about a year ago, just to see if this place was ok. I didn't really like it so I left and I came back a few months ago." She chuckles.

Nodding, I understood. "That's cool."

"How long have you lived here?"

"Since I was sixteen." I look at her. "My parents moved us here and we've been here ever since."

"That's cool." She smiles.

When we pull up to her apartment, we both got out and I instantly heard someone yell and my head turned towards a guy, who was walking over towards me.

"Well, hey." He smiles. It was same guy from a few years ago. "Welcome back."

"Rico, leave." Kayla spoke.

The guy stopped and looked at her then at me. "You know her?" He looks me up and down. "The rich is back."

Kayla steps towards us and points. "Go."

"You owe me that money, bitch."

"Ok, bye." She grabs my arm and pull me towards her door before unlocking it and pushing me inside.

I look around and noticed that it basically looked like Tory's old apartment. It wasn't the same place, but it was pretty damn close to it.

"Sorry about the mess." She places her keys on the counter.