Ch. 28 Nice ring to it

Tory's POV

The next morning was rough.

As I got ready for work, my whole body was sore and I couldn't hardly walk without my thighs wanted to hurt. My whole body was in complete pain, which I never knew what Carter was capable of but now I sure as hell do.

She got me back for what I did to her a few days back. I knew she was sore from all those nights and she was getting me back for it.

I'm going to definitely feel the pain today.

Making coffee, I sighed out as I leaned on the counter and stretched. It didn't help cause my lower abdomen was in pain and my thighs were burning with every step I take.

I looked at the time on the stove and saw that it was a little after five thirty. I usually get up around five but this morning I honestly didn't want to get up. I wanted to stay in bed, but of course I couldn't.

It's rare when I miss work. I hardly ever do that, unless I'm sick or don't feel good. I hate missing work, especially back then when I didn't have a choice.

I needed the money.

After the coffee was done, I poured a cup before placing the milk and sugar in it. I don't like too much sugar, cause it drowns out the coffee with too much sweetness.

Taking a sip of it, I sigh out in happiness as I lean against the counter. I look across the kitchen in the living room then let my eyes travel around, taking all this in.

It still doesn't seem real even though it's been two years.

Everything is perfect.

It's so perfect that it's scary.

Letting my eyes wander around, I saw Piper laying on the couch. I smiled as I thought about kids of my own, which I desperately wanted.

I knew Carter wanted kids also, but we really haven't talked much about it anymore.

I wanted to approach the conversation again, but wasn't sure if I was being pushy or not.

Having kids has always been something I wanted, ever since I started college and started having thoughts about my future.

As I was standing there, in my thoughts, I decided to go ahead and get ready. I knew that today was going to be rough, but thankful that I sit at a desk most of the day.

-

I decided to bring Piper with me today to go visit my parents. I knew that she was wanting to see them since it's been a few months, so I figured it'll be a good thing to get her out of the house.

I didn't bother to call my mom to let her know that I was coming. I like surprising her and she's always surprised when I show up unexpectedly.

Before I left, I got a text from Kayla telling me that she had another date with that Pizza Hut girl and she was nervous.

I told her it's fine and she needed to calm down.

She also mentioned that Rico hasn't been seen for a while and the apartment was now empty. She said that whatever Jamie did, really helped and she couldn't thank her enough for getting her out of that shit.

I was glad everything was over.

Making sure Piper was comfy and everything, we headed over to my parents house. She knew the road there from memory, so when we turned down the street, her head shot up and ears were standing up as she was looking around.