Ch. 16 Arguments

Fighting never solves anything.

In my opinion, I think it makes the problem grow more. I don't think yelling at each other and getting angry solves any problems, but it seems that's what people do nowadays.

And that's what Tory and I are doing at the moment.

"I don't want to see a therapist!" She yells, grabbing something then throwing it across the kitchen until it lands against the wall.

It shatters and I stare at it for a moment before looking over at Tory, who was leaning against the counter and taking deep breaths.

I honestly have no idea how it got to this point.

We were doing so well and now this.

Trying to talk to her is not working. I have tried, but she gets more angry and starts yelling even louder.

I'm surprised none of our neighbors has walked over here yet and said something. Although this is the first time we've ever fought like this.

Of course we had our little fights, but like I said before they were nothing.

This was different.

I had to walk away from this situation. There wasn't anything I could do because Tory was angry and I didn't want to provoke her in any way.

So, I had to walk upstairs and away from her for a moment.

Sitting on the bed, I placed my head in my hands as I took slow, deep breaths. I was trying to think of ways to make this situation better but it doesn't seem like I can do it myself.

Tory has to want to participate, which I don't think she's going to do that.

Picking up my phone, I called Maddie. I told her that Tory wasn't in the best mood right now and I didn't know what to do, so I needed her over here to help me.

She knew Tory longer than I have. She was there when she went through all the heartbreak and everything else that her past relationships put her through.

I knew she could do something, cause I can't do anything.

It sucks not being able to help your partner in times like these. When it's something that they went through years ago, before knowing you then you know that it's not your place to try and help when you can't understand their emotions.

Maddie knows everything about Tory's past relationships.

After sitting on the bed for a few minutes, I heard Maddie's voice downstairs. I walked out of the room and downstairs before seeing Maddie walking around the living room, then turning around and looking at Tory.

Tory was standing in the kitchen when she saw me walk down the last steps. She stares at me for a moment before Maddie spoke, which made her look over at her.

"Tory.. Carter is trying to understand. She really is."

"Oh really?" Tory asks. "Did she tell you to come over here and try to help?"

Maddie looks over at me before sighing. "Yes."

"Did she also tell you that she wants me to go to a therapist?"

With that said, Maddie looks over at me in a quick motion. I stare at them both before realizing that maybe I shouldn't have did that.

Tory slams something down on the counter then looks over at me before looking back at Maddie. "Yeah."

I really wanted to cry at this point. I didn't know what to do anything and everything was getting too much.

Walking back upstairs, I walked out into the balcony then leaned over the railing. I took deep breaths as I was trying not to cry, but it was hard when that's all I wanted to do for the past week.