25| Heated

Soundtrack: Peer Gynt-Suite Nr. 1, Op. 46: III Anitra's Dance by Edvard Grieg

Yoongi was in the water, arms crossed on the edge of the pool while Victoria was standing above him with narrowed eyes.

"What do you mean, no?" she asked, "This is important! I know you're mad at me, I lied to you by omission and didn't tell you that Jungkook and I used to be together. We need to talk about it and figure it out!"

Yoongi let out a frustrated huff and dropped his arms in the water, splashing the girl by accident who backed off towards the wall.

"Listen," he began, "We have the competition in a week, and we can figure out our crap after."

"What? You want to call a time-out in a moment like this? Bottling-up things isn't going to help!"

"Well, fighting is really not going to help either! We need to stick together and be a team right now! We can't let anything mess up our game! The competition is too important!"

Victoria stopped talking for a second, kneeling down beside the pool and hugging her knees in her arms.

"I don't know, Yoongi. This is messed up. Keeping things like this is making me sick."

But the pianist thought the alternative was worse. What if they talked things out and they broke up in the end? What if Victoria really liked Jungkook more than him? Their chemistry was precarious and played a critical role in their upcoming performance, they didn't have the luxury to let their emotions rule in times like these.

"Let's just... focus on the competition for now. The talking can wait."

The girl bit her lower lip but seemed to understand from where the idea was coming.

"Fine," she said after a few seconds.

"Is Jungkook going to be a problem?" Yoongi asked, and the girl looked up to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Is he going to talk to the press about us?"

She looked hurt and the pianist's heart dropped in his stomach.

"Is it really the only thing you're worried about?" she asked.

"Well... yeah... Not being called a perv on National TV right before the competition would be ideal."

"No. He's not going to talk. He wouldn't hurt me like this," the girl said in a sigh.

She then stood up and proceeded to drop her ballet flats at the side of the pool, then started unzipping the back of her dress.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you didn't want to talk. That's what I'm doing, I'm not talking," she said with a half-angry expression.

The silk pooled at her ankles, revealing her black bra and panties. Yoongi stepped away from the side of the pool with a frown. This wasn't a good idea. All of it wasn't auspicious, Victoria wasn't usually this careless.

"Someone could see! Put your dress back on!"

"Everyone is at the banquet getting drunk, nobody will be coming over here."

Just to be sure, she grabbed a chair and leaned it under the door handle.

"Happy, now?"

The girl walked around the pool, swaying her hips, then dropped her big toe in the water, feeling the temperature near the deeper end. With a shrug, she decided to jump altogether, tanned legs disappearing in the blue of the chlorinated water, then her shoulders and her head. She came out with a scowl because of the coldness, spitting water and slicking her hair back.