[1] ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ

"LILY, ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?" my friend, Bella Thomas asks me, as we approach to the biggest party of the year

Every year, a rich guy throws a extravagant party before the new school year starts.

"I'm sure as I'll ever be," I link my arm with Bella as we proceed to 'party central'.

I'm new here to Dempsey Town. This town is for high class socialites in the world-basically a town for the rich folk, which I happen to be.

My family owns the largest filming industry, Spencer Industry. It's named after my father-who passed on from pancreatic cancer when I was seven years old. My mom then married her best friend, Daniel Kingston, after my father passed on. Daniel has been a father figure to me since.

My parents loved each other so much, before my father died; he told my mom that when I reach my senior year that I should come back to his hometown. His family were also rich, my grandparents-my dad was used to the money.

So mom moved us here to Dempsey Town, to complete my studies here. We moved here two weeks ago. My mother took over dad's empire with the help of Daniel and I get to study here but hey, it's not that bad-so far.

The reason why I'm here at this party is to socialize as my new friend, Bella likes to say. I'm the type of person who would rather stay at home and read a good novel and gawk at fictional boys, who are perfect in their absurd way. Bella decided that it would be best to attend this party and meet people and get wasted.

We walk through the front door to the foyer, where the party was.
"So, who is this guy that throws these parties?" I ask, maneuvering around people towards the drink table.

"Eric Calloway. He's a rich spoilt brat and a bad boy, who gets whatever he wants. He's known to give the colour red, the blues." Bella says as we take sips of our drinks and clink. We walk around the house to the kitchen.

Suddenly, Bella screams from beside me and runs towards a boy, "Babe, I missed you." she says as she attack kisses her boyfriend? As Bella and her boyfriend continue to make out in front of me, I cough loudly gaining their attention. "I'm so sorry, Lily. How rude of me." She smiles sheepishly and looks at her boyfriend.

"My name is Liliana Mendes and you are?" I extend my hand forward to the tall boy.

"John. John Marshall," he shakes my hand firmly as he grins. John is actually a very good looking guy; shaggy dirty blonde hair, high cheekbones which accentuate his boyish features and he had this deep blue eyes.

"You're new here, right?" John asks me as we move along.

"Yes, I am. I moved here two weeks back with my mom and dad." I say to him.

"Cool, you're enrolled to St.Xaviers, I presume?"

"Of course, she is." Bella pipes in and then looks at me, "Hey, Lily. Do you want to meet some of my friends?"