[17] ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜs ᴛʏᴘᴇ

AFTER AMBROSE'S VISIT, I decided to take a risk

AFTER AMBROSE'S VISIT, I decided to take a risk. A risk I knew that could break off what Eric and I have, but it's worth a shot at happiness—for both of us.

My mind was contemplating this predicament at hand and I felt as if I'm slowly falling into this pit that I'm afraid I won't be able to get out off. The pit was falling for Eric and I was slowly falling every single day.

How could I not?

Every single day started with Eric and ended with him, he would pick me up for school in his black Audi and in the night, he would sometimes stay over and I was surprised that my mother and Daniel allowed it because well, Eric is a boy and with a very high sex drive. And the dates with him were exuberant, I never felt so happy in my life.

But then I realized all goods things have limited time only and I was scared what would come along.

My mother decided to meet my father after eleven years, after a lot of pushing her to do it, she finally agreed to the meeting. Daniel on the other hand was relatively calm about the situation and that seemed peculiar to me. I elected that I should come with her for moral support after all this woman was my rock and I hate to see her go through things that would hurt her in the slightest.

After speaking to my father on the phone, we decided to go to a restaurant to meet—it was one of the famous restaurants, Icarus Falls. I always loved their other branches in my other home town and hoped they are as good like the other one.

I decided to wear a cute floral baby doll dress, a pair of black pumps and did my hair into a high ponytail which was wavy. I walked down the hardwood floor stairs to the kitchen where my mother was stress eating. She looks up at me and smiles and I shake my head at her. She wore a causal blue jeans and flowy white blouse which exposed a little cleavage—she must be trying to make my dad the loser for leaving her.

"Rosa, before we go, I just wanted to say thank you for this. I know this seems bizarre but just make sure Eric is nothing like your father," she says.

"What do you mean?"

"The kind that breaks your heart over and over," My mother says gently. I was unable to say anything so just nodded and went to the lounge to grab a handbag.

Did she know something or felt that I would be in a similar situation as her?

We went outside and saw a familiar black mustang outside, someone came out from the driver's side and it was Ambrose. I should have known.

"What are you doing here?" I walk over to Ambrose and hug him.

"Your mom," he says then greets and hugs my mother. "She wanted me to keep you company while she talks to your dad because you'll be bored as fuck."

He was right, I would be and besides I don't even want to know what they would talk about.

***