[11] ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇs

FALLING FOR SOMEONE that does not want a romantic relationship is challenging

Yet I knew the implications that would arise before I started to like Eric-it was a risk, a risk that I was willing to take.

In life, we have two options when it comes to a major milestone or factor in our lives-we either go with the flow; not take a chance at ruining the impeccable wave that life throws at us or we can take a risk and live it without anyone blocking our path and do want we want.

I wanted to indulge in this new fond desire of mine but my anxiety and overthinking had got the best of me.

What if Eric just tosses me away like a doll after he's done playing with me?

Is he just using me for sex?

Does he have feelings for me?

All of these insecurities were eating me up and I could not stand it-not one bit. And what makes my dilemma worse?

Eric decided to have a 'Date month'; he came up with the idea while we were having sex one day.

Gosh, he's so weird sometimes but I like him.

He says that this whole month of June we are planning dates for each other. I found it weird, not because he wanted to go out but the whole concept of a date month.

What do people do on dates?

They get to know each other on a mental and emotional plain.

It's peculiar for a boy who only has sex for pleasure to want to go on dates with someone-and with someone he hardly knows, mentally that is.

***

DATE 1-ERIC

He planned the first date which was a visit to the aquarium which I haven't been to in a long time. Eric wanted to eat some fish fingers for lunch and I said that was wrong and insensitive and he just laughed.

DATE 2-LILIANA

The second date I planned; we went to a bookstore and perused the many books in the quaint shop. I saw Eric engrossed in a book, when I stepped closer to him; he put the book back its place. I shrugged at him and went to purchase my books that I had chosen before hearing him murmur.

'They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.'

That was a quote from, This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

DATE 3-ERIC

He took me to a comedy show and I have never ever seen Eric laugh so much or smile like that for that matter. He was having fun and so was I.

DATE 4-LILIANA

I took him to a drive-in and watched a movie, well tried to watch 'Call me by your name.' Eric insisted that we make-out in the car like normal teenagers and just goof around.