23.

Isabelle's House24th December, Christmas Eve

Isabelle's House
24th December, Christmas Eve

«Merry Christmas!»

Yaku, Kuroo, Kenma, Kai and Lev greets me when I open the door.

I smile and let them in «Merry Christmas to you too, guys! Thanks for coming!»

To take a break from all the practices we're doing for the Tournament we decided to organize a "Secret Santa" and we will exchange our present after the dinner me, mom and all the girl volleyball team prepared.

We choose my home because it's quite big and we can stuff it with everyone who decided to come.

All Nekoma and Fukurodani was invited — Toraki, Juzen and Ameban's girls were invited too but they had the same idea of "Secret Santa" so we decided to spend this Christmas separated and see each other on New Eve — but only some boys could come.

«Make yourself at home! Fukurodani is late, obviously!» I say passing beside them and coming in the kitchen to help Sanada with the cookies.

«The smell is delicious!» Yaku is sniffing the air with an entranced expression.

«Can we help in someway?» Kuroo asks to nobody in particular.

Ana nods and points at various chopsticks and some forks and knives «Can you set them on the table? We totally forgot! The dining room is right on the right!»

They nod and start helping.

Yeah, we decided to use the big dining room we only use for family reunion or birthday 'cause this is a special occasion. This is our last High-School Christmas all together like that so it has to be fancy. So we covered the table with our best Christmas theme tablecloth — that's just red with some stars and sparkles on it —, we picked out the best plates service and also the best glasses we have — there are even some cups for the sake's toast we will have at the end of the night.

Maki and Inaba, who are really great with decorations, place some candles in the middle of the table, a little Christmas Tree in the corner of the room and some tags — made by them — with our names on them in front of every seat.

We hear a whistle from the other room and then Kuroo's head appear on the kitchen door «The room looks amazing, great works, ladies!»

We just thank them when the doorbell starts ringing.

I clean my hands on the apron but before I can get to the door Kuroo stops me.

«I'll get it!»

Neither two seconds later the loud voice of Bokuto is heard in all the house «MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!»

Bokuto, Akaashi, Konoha, Sarukui and Washio appear on the kitchen door too, waving at us. We waved back and then a common laugh escape from every mouth.