11. Imprisoned

Emée's Point of View

A hit at the back of my head. Then, nothing.

I slowly gained back consciousness as the pain in my skull increased. I couldn't move or open my eyes. I was getting lightheaded, the pain made me want to throw up. I clenched my teeth to take it away or at least forget it.

It was hard to even think, I didn't know what to do, I couldn't hear anything.

I took the control over my body and realized where I was. It was probably a bed, but I didn't smell any kind of bad odor or humidity so I wasn't in a dungeon.

With much difficulty, I opened my eyes and discovered I was in a bedroom. My senses slowly came back to me, the pain was still there but at least I was alone.

The bedroom was immense, its floor carpeted with beautiful embroideries, the paint on the walls looked as if it had been freshly done. It also had a wooden office, although empty of any papers, and a couch big enough to fit four persons. I was laying on a canopy bed with dark red curtains that matched the ones on the sides of the windows. My eyes went to the ceiling where I saw an extravagantly large chandelier for a bedroom. There were purple crystals in the shape of water drops that looked like quartz hanging from candles.

There was no clock but through the glass doors that lead to the balcony, I could see it was the end of the afternoon. I didn't dare to show myself by going out because it looked like it was high and I enjoyed being alone for now.

Someone must have carried me here, I thought. I was laying above the covers, still in the same clothes a bit dirtied with the ground of the forest, probably.

I tried to sit up despite of the pain. I was positive Alexandre had kidnapped me because he still wanted his kiss but that didn't give me more clues as to where I was and who could possibly help me.

I carefully got out of the bed, making sure I wouldn't fall from dizziness and went to the door. Of course, it was locked. I then headed to the other door, it looked like it lead to a bathroom. If I couldn't eat, then I would at least drink.

I was right, though what was behind the door could hardly been described as a simple bathroom. There was a bath, sitting on four golden feet that could fit at least two Emées with golden faucet handles as well. The walls and the ground were completely covered in white shiny tiles, everything in both of these rooms screamed luxury. There were racks with multiple towels and a shelf with different products and soaps I had never seen. Right behind the faucet was a giant mirror, bringing a lot of light in the room despite the only presence of a small blurred window.

I washed my hands and my face in the sink, there was a toothbrush and a comb but even if the room looked impersonal, I didn't touch them because they might belong to Alexandre. I passed my fingers through my hair to make it look a bit better and thought about Léni.

I hoped he was alright. Alexandre had found me not very far away from my cabin but did he look for Léni afterwards? What did Léni think when he woke up? I could only hope he didn't believe I went with that demon willingly.

Suddenly, I heard steps outside of the bedroom and indistinguishable voices. I went back to the bed and sat on it before the door opened, revealing my captor. I hadn't properly seen him in the forest, he had a complete black outfit, not that loose and the color was quite in contrast with what I had seen in demons.

"I see you're awake, my sweet Emée." He said.

My sweet Emée? Is that how you call the people you hit on the head?

"Why am I here?"

"Very straightforward, I see. You are here because I didn't quite exactly get what I wanted last time."