25. Epilogue

Emée's Point of View

- TWO YEARS LATER -

"Léni! There's a spider in the bathroom!" I screamed. I immediately heard loud footsteps going up the stairs, shaking the cabin we had been living in for two years now. Living in the house we had confessed each others feelings in was great, the calmness of the woods was peaceful but spiders and insects were and still are my worst nightmare. However, we only stayed here on our days off as we were required to live in the castle.

As always, Léni came so quickly as if I was being murdered and took the animal outside in his bare hands. He was crazy, but I loved him.

"You know Emée, Rédi always used to say that it's not the small beast that will the bigger one." He said, laughing at me.

"I'm not that big." I protested, sticking my tongue out.

"I know, honey." He caressed my cheek.

Nothing had changed ever since our wedding and it was so relieving. It was always the same teasing, the same stupid arguments, the same kisses, the same love.

Our wedding had been amazing, so spontaneous and a surprise for everyone, including the bride and the groom. Everything had been prepared on such a short notice to invite all the Alderians to the ceremony and the poor Marie had begged us to give her one more day to prepare a "decent" dress, not that any of hers wasn't amazing.

So we had gotten married two days after the coronation and were fiancé for two days only. The wedding had taken place in the same room Léni was crowned in, which had been morphed in a sea of white and blue flowers, draperies and candles. I will cherish the memories of Marie complaining, Rédi who had too much to drink and Léni who looked so handsome forever.

Flashback

"I wished you would have given me a little more time to finish that. Your wedding dress is supposed to be the masterpiece of my creations!" Marie rambled once again, I had a feeling she would hold a grudge for a long long time.

"I'm certain it looks incredible as always Marie. I'm actually glad you didn't have too much time, I wanted to see what came up to your mind first and not let you stress for too long."

"Well, you managed to make me stress for two days straight, sweetie." She laughed.

I had let Marie do whatever she pleased with my wedding dress. She knew what I wanted more than I did. There was a certain stress about that dress that made me unable to choose. I didn't want to run out of ideas by fear of wanting the perfect one, and I trusted Marie to surprise me with simplicity.

"Here it is." After spending so much time on my hair and make up, she finally brought me to her room in the castle where she worked. The other seamstresses had stayed in demon territory but she planned on regularly paying them a visit. Léni and I had stayed at the castle to get ready and I hadn't seen him since this morning.

"Okay Emée, keep in mind that first, I've only had two days, secondly, I tried as best as I could to match your preferences and lastly, you're still a Queen so your dress corresponds to your status." She counted on her fingers with a warning look.

"Marie, I swear I'm not expecting anything. I couldn't be disappointed." I tried to reassure her.

She opened the door and in the middle of the room stood my dress. Just by taking one look at it, you could see the amount of work she had put into it. The bodice was simple, a low neck with thin straps going to the middle of the back. The fabric was the same on the whole dress: Marie had sewn lace flowers all over the transparent fabric, including the big skirt flowing to the ground. It was showing a bit of skin which I liked and I knew that she had been careful about the fit no didn't have to be worried about the fabric slipping.