goodbye

a/n: this chapter is heavy and you should 100% play the music when it shows up because it makes it that much better! anyways, lets get started. 

-Spencer Pov-

It killed me seeing Madeline like this. Christian slapping and choking her made me mad. Him calling her "Mads" made me mad. I know what she feels like. When I was taken by Tobias Hankel he did a lot of the same stuff. I really hope it doesn't fully escalate to what Tobias did because it was a miracle I even survived that. If Madeline's situation went as far as mine did, she'd also need a miracle to survive. 

The team discussed what was happening but I couldn't focus on anything longer than 4 seconds without hearing Madeline's whimpering or a small gasp for air. I wish I could tell her to stop talking back to him but I know if I did she wouldn't listen. Seeing her like that was strange, she's getting beaten by a human trafficker but she's talking like he's Trump or something. God I loved this woman.

The team came up with a solution to just wait it out and continue to search the area for cabins. Whilst garcia was doing that I looked out the office window to see the stars. It brought me back to when I took Maddy stargazing. She looked so pretty as the star lit sky glazed over skin. Her eyes glimmered with the reflection of the big dipper. 

That's when I remembered that she was gonna say something before I just told her to "shh" before she could even get it out. Two days later and I still don't know what she wanted to say. Whatever it was I was to scared to hear it. I really wish I didn't stop her. I wanna know what she wanted to say. 

"You miss her?" It was Morgan. He always teased me about liking Madeline but this time he was sincere. 

"Can we talk in the cars"
"Of course man"

I couldn't talk about her in front of the whole team

Once we got to the cars I told Morgan about everything. The slow dance kisses, the stargazing, and last night when she fell asleep in my lap.

"Damn Spencer...I'm sorry you have to see her like that"
"It kills me"
"Well if it helps she most definitely likes you back"
"How do you know that"
"Before she accepted her character on the plane. She said only a genius can love a woman like her and Reid that's you"
"She could've just been-"
"Reid stop. You need to understand that you can get girls too. Alright? Madeline is one hell of a woman and she's perfect for you. She already has a good relationship with your mom too"

I talked about Madeline every time I visited my mom. That's why she wanted to meet her so bad. 

"My mom wants me to marry Madeline" I admitted "She says our kids would be very cute" my mom told me I needed to marry Mads the first day I talked about her. I couldn't agree more. 

-Madeline's Pov-

Getting under unsub's skin was my specialty and getting under Christians skin was the easiest thing ever. I didn't even have to mention that he's probably bad in bed for him to threaten to kill me. Was I scared? A little but that didn't mean I was gonna stop fighting. 

"Where's Henry?"
"Shut up oh my god"
"Or what?"
"What"
"You're not deaf or hard of hearing. You know what I said dumbass"
"I swear to god I am gonna kill you and the little Behavioral Analysis Office can watch"
"Unit"
"What"
"I work for the Behavioral Analysis UNIT"
"Same fucking thing"
"I know but Unit is a little more official"

I was gonna annoy him, I profiled him as soon as I met him. I was gonna use it. Now or never. 

"Christian I can tell you everything I've learned about you"
"Go for it"
"You were raised by your dad, your mom left at an early age with no explanation. I know that because as soon as a dominant woman came around you tried your hardest to stay dominant."