the memo

a/n: there's an important message at the end of this chapter so please read it <3

Maddy's Pov

I woke up in a purple apartment.

"Good morning Pumpkin," Garcia said from the bathroom. "Now I have to leave in 5 but I know you have something special with Emma today so I'll leave you here to get ready. You have your car?"

"Uh yeah I do"

"Okay Pumpkin"

"You sound like my dad"

"Does he call you pumpkin?"

I nodded getting out of bed "That and Mads" I added

"You know he used to call your mom Mads right?"

I smiled remembering my parents had the cutest relationship "Yeah I think he told me that once"

Garcia grabbed her purse and coffee, kissed my cheek, and left to go be the power puff girl she was.

I hopped in the shower hoping the water would help how nervous I was.

When I got out I called my parents.

"Hey dad"

"Oh hi pumpkin"

I smiled at the nickname "What's on the agenda today?"

"Well we'll be coming home tomorrow so not much today just some paper work. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm going on a picnic with Emma"

"Oh okay well have fun, be careful! We love you!!"

"Love you guys too"

"Buh byee"

"Byee"

I stopped by my favorite coffee shop in D.C. that isn't racist or homophobic. I seriously don't understand how someone being gay or a diffrent race than you is that much of a personal inconvenience. Maybe just maybe you should just mind your own goddamn business.

I left and headed to Emma's, shouting girl in red the whole way. Oopsie?

"Hey bitchh" Emma said getting in the car

"Heyyy"

"So taking me to the feds?"

"Fuck yeah I am"

We walked into the lobby being stopped by Linda the lobby lady.

"Wait I have to give her a visitors pass Maddy"

"Oh yeah I'm sorry"

Emma walked over to get the blue lanyard then made her way back to me.

Emma walked into my mom's office. Well fuck.

"Wow I know you said it was nice but damn" She said

"Yeah I know it's really nice"

"You think you'll take her spot one day?"

"Shit maybe"

She sat in the bean bag my mom kept in her office for me. I settled next to her.

"Bitch cuddle me it's cold in here"

"Oh god Emma okay"

She turned onto her side as I spooned her to the best of my ability. You know how fucking hard it is to do that on a bean bag?

We sat there for like 15 minutes before deciding to go to the park for a picnic because you know fuck it.

"Why'd you bring watermelon" Emma questioned putting the container on the blanket.

"Bitch I like watermelon so what?"

"Damn I'm just asking"

We sat down as I texted Garcia

The computer girl

hey we made it to the park just letting you know!

Have fun lover girl!

Emma and I talked about everything there is to talk about. How Margot Robbie is both of our celebrity crushes, how buzzfeed unsolved is the most interesting shit, and relationships.

"Emma" I said turn towards her.

"Yes Madu" Madu. The name. Madu I loved it because it came from her.

" I- I have to tell you something" Fuck why did I say that. Now I do have to say something serious.

"Me too" She said meeting my gaze.

"What is it?"

"You tell me first silly"

"Oh yeah"

"So? What is it?"

I said fuck it. Because you know why not?

I leaned into emma, hoping she got the memo.

She put her hands on the side of my face bringing me in closer.

She got the memo.

She kissed my lips with a gentle breeze of air slipping through.

She smiled against my lips.

"I've been waiting for this Madeline"

"Me too" I rested my forehead on hers. "Me too"

a/n. IMPORTANT MESSAGEEEE

One more chapter and then SSA Roberts will officially be completed. IT MAKES ME CRY TOO BUT THIS IS NOT THE END OF MY WRITING!!! im working on a new storyyyyy!!!!!!

I love you all so much and as much as i didn't want this story to end it had to at some point but as emily prentiss once said "every ending is a new beginning"

an official goodbye will be in its own chapter. 

love, kam <333