adopted

a/n: y'all im so sorry i haven't released a chapter until now but here is an awaited chapter. am I writing this whilst in online school? yes, yes i am. 

Let's get started my bitches (just kidding i love u all) 

------------------------

"Who's calling you" Spencer said in a sleepy voice. I straddle my elbows and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Madeline there's been an emergency"

"Penelope?"

"Yeah it's me. BAU be here asap"

"Okay.."

I hung up in confusion. What emergency?

"What was that about?" Spencer said spitting his mouthwash out as I walked into the bathroom

"Penelope said there's an emergency, we need to be at the office as soon as possible" I said recalling what she said.

"What?"

"I don't know but we should leave in like 5 minutes okay?"

"Yeah...yeah" Spencer walked out to get dressed. He didn't do too well with so called "Emergencies" for him it typically meant something went wrong. Like really wrong.

And truthfully that's the job.

We got dressed, strapped on my holsters, grabbed credentials and ID's, and were on the way to the office.

"I'm gonna call Hotch, see if he knows anything." Spencer said, taking out his phone.

"Hotch?" He put the phone on speaker

"Reid?"

"What is this emergency"

"Look it has to do with Madeline Robertson and her parents. Now how far are you two"

"We just got into the parking lot"

"Good. Hurry"

"Yes sir" Spencer hung up.

"What happened with Madeline?" I asked

"I don't know Mads but we'll find out and we'll help them anyway we can okay?" Spencer tried to calm me down.

It wasn't working.

Madeline was like a little sister or something like that. If something happened to her...I don't know what I would do.

I was numb walking from the lobby to the BAU.

"Reids over here" Hotch said coming out of the briefing room.

I walked in and saw Maddy sitting on the couch, sad.

No no no no no no no.

She looked up to meet my gaze.

"Penelope take her to the cafe" Hotch said

"Yes sir...come on Maddy"

Once I knew they were far away I broke the silence.

"What happened Hotch?"

"Sit down"

"Tell me what happened and then I'll follow your orders" I demanded

"Madeline you're gonna wanna sit down" Prentiss said putting her hand on my shoulder.

I stopped protesting and sat.

"NYPD was called into the Robertson's apartment complex by Maddy. This is her 911 call."

Morgan pressed play and I heard Madeline's 11 year old voice. She was scared but I could tell she tried to be calm.