Chapter 51 ~ "Who did this?"

Sasha

I'm convinced I can't stop smiling, it's just not possible. Today's Monday and still every time I close my eyes I feel my cheeks get red and I think about it all over again. That was so incredibly special to me, Nate had been good to me. I didn't think I'd be sleeping with anyone, let alone Nate three months ago, but here we were. And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

It hurt more than I cared to let on, I think the fact that I'd never even used a tampon certainly didn't help. I know it wasn't an issue with being into it or wanting it, which meant, as Kate predicted, it was purely a size thing. And there wasn't anything that could be done about that, other than gritting my teeth and getting through it.

I still felt it today, not as bad as yesterday but if I sat the wrong way or shifted around I could feel a dull ache. That just made me smile, it reminded me of that night and what the two of us did together.

I had unfortunately made the mistake of falling asleep at Nate's that night and I was thankfully able to slip through my bedroom window before anyone noticed I was missing. I would have gotten chewed-out by Alex if he found out. Just because my brothers accepted my relationship with Nate did not mean they stopped being my brothers. They were still over-protective and drove me a little crazy sometimes.

I couldn't move without feeling it on Sunday which was certainly not good for my skating practice. I had to jump and spin, pulling my legs up in odd directions. I couldn't really walk without limping a bit. I kept it under control so Mom could take me to practice without too many questions.

She asked me if I was feeling alright, that I looked flushed and that I looked like I might be in a bit of pain. I just denied it and walked through the doors of the rink like nothing was wrong. As soon as I got inside I practically limped to the change-room.

Then Kate came in wanting to know how my date went and I limped over to the bench to sit with her.

"Why are you limping?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. "You're not hurt are you? Are you sick? Your cheeks are all flushed."

"I'm fine." I answered and grimaced, sitting down.

"What did you do on that date last night? I swear if that boy made you sick.....oh my god." She said and started hitting the bench over and over again. "Oh my god! No way, no way, no way!" 

"Way." I sighed and she squealed giving my shoulders a shake before promptly stopping when she saw how much pain I was in.

"Jeez, that boy messed you up so good you can't even walk?" She whisper-screamed and I hit her, making her laugh.

"Ew Kate!" I said, laughing to myself even.

"Oh my god, I'm so proud!" She said excitedly. "Was it worth it?"

"Totally worth it." I told her and she smiled.

"Well you can't skate if you can't walk, take a Naproxen or two." She said, giving me the bottle from her purse. "They're amazing, way better for pain than a Tylenol."

"Thanks Kate." I said and she gave me a hug.

"No problem, now get dressed and take a few minutes to really warm up." She said and left the room with a wink.

And after a while I was alright, once I really got moving it was easier to ignore. I dare say having sex might have improved my skating, I was so relaxed and I went with the flow, I felt more.....artistic. Kate made a few jokes to me about my boyfriend needing to, quote-on-quote, 'screw me' again before nationals. 

Nate was coming to get me in a few minutes and bring me to school. I hadn't seen him since Sunday morning when he raced me home after we realized we felt asleep in bed together. But he texted me all the time about that night, how much he loved me, how perfect it was. I'd just get warm all-over and hide my phone from anyone around me.