18 | the most powerful force in the world

" Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working

" Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working. And for a moment, all you do is feel."

- Atticus

✰✰✰

Cobb got into an altercation with Foley after and got arrested.

Hazel resorted to getting some rest after that. She was drained, emotionally, mentally and physically; she was just exhausted. Hazel found a little spot to curl up on and rest her tired head for a moment, listening to the sounds of quiet chatter and clicks of weapons. Hazel woke up to a voice in front of her. She was slow in opening her eyes but saw it was Shifty on his knees gently shaking her shoulder. Speirs wasn't that far away looking at her. Hazel slowly sat up with tired eyes and looked around.

" Hm?" she asked.

" Briefing, Speirs is trying to get everyone together." Shifty said quietly.

" Oh," Hazel said as she sat up fully and yawned, stretching herself out before standing. Most of the guys were around the table nearby, so Hazel shuffled over and sat down beside Liebgott who was sipping his drink, sitting on the table. She sat down with a tired sigh, praying that before this next patrol she could rest her head on the rather comfortable wooden table and get a few more hours of rest.

Joe was watching her softly, but she was too tired to even smile. Joe gently rubbed her back, noticing the girl's exhaustion, seemingly like she were carrying the world's exhaustion of war on her back. Joe gently handed her the cup and she took a sip of the warm liquid before passing it back to him with a grateful smile.

Catherine was sharing a smoke with Chuck as the two were talking quietly side by side a map in their hands, shaking their head and nodding back and forth.

Hazel sighed, thinking of Lizzie. Hazel hadn't seen her friend in what felt like ages. Hazel hoped she was feeling better, but she knew that she was warm, and eating and resting, 3 things she had been deprived of out in the Ardennes when she was severely sick. She needed all the peace and quiet she could get.

" Sarge, they're on their way in." a voice said and Hazel looked over to see Webster stooping down and walking inside the basement.

" 10, hutt." Johnny called, and Hazel quickly stood beside Joe and Chuck, as Webster walked in, the 3 Captains slowly following.

" Martin." Winters said rubbing his hands together.

" Sir." Johnny said. Winters walked in rubbing his hands together, as Speirs appeared behind him. Winters' eyes seemed to tell a different story than what initially was going to happen, as he looked at the group in front of him.

" At ease." Winters said.

" This everybody, McCown?" Winters asked Catherine.

" Yes, sir." Catherine answered with the smallest hint of a smile. Hazel slowly leaned up against the table with her arms crossed as Winters took the head of the table, looking at the group of soldiers. Winters removed his helmet and observed the group.