67 | my love for you

" I found you without looking and love you without trying

" I found you without looking and love you without trying."

- Mark Anthony

✰✰✰

" Knock, knock." a voice at the door echoed. Lizzie had rushed in to help Hazel finish applying a bit of blush to her cheeks, as the guests were settling into their seats, when the knocking had come at the door.

" Shit, who is it?" Catherine hissed as she gently attached the veil to Hazel's caramel curled haired head. Lizzie glanced at the door and sighed to herself. Hazel giggled.

" I swear if it's one of the boys...." Lizzie grumbled as Mrs. Liebgott and Ms. Parker came from the bathroom after wiping the mascara from their cheeks - ok they'd all been crying, but who wouldn't seeing Hazel dressed like a Greek Goddess? Lizzie approached the door and put her hand on the handle.

" George, Floyd - either of you two out there - out." she called through the door. She heard a low chuckle from the other side and immediately mentally face-palmed.

" I don't think either two of them are out here there, Elliot." the voice came back and Lizzie put a finger on the bridge of her nose - it was Captain Ronald Speirs and her she was acting like it was the two idiots with far too loose ties. Lizzie immediately opened the door and found Speirs on the opposite side. Forcing a hopefully not embarrassing smile on her face, she looked up at Speirs with a smile.

" Sorry about that." she said, scratching the back of her neck as he chuckled. She noticed his clean-pressed uniform he adorned, medals pinned to his chest, hair perfectly combed back, cap removed as he stepped inside the room. His hands even shook a bit.

" You don't look too bad, sir." Lizzie said as she shut the door behind him and Speirs couldn't help but roll his eyes.

" You don't have to call me, sir." he told her with a slight smirk and Lizzie snickered quietly, putting a hand on his shoulder and patting it.

" Then you don't have to call me Elliot." she told him and Speirs chuckled softly.

" Ron." a voice said and both Lizzie and Speirs turned to see Hazel - with help from Catherine, sit up from the chair and, innocently, push the veil from her face as she approached him. Lizzie could tell immediately that Speirs' face soften, a smile reaching the corners of his lips as he looked at her with glowing eyes. Lizzie could see the corners of his eyes turned up even, into that little grin.

" Oh Hazel..." Speirs said as he softly took her hands in his, looking at her with soft eyes, shaking his head a bit, as if in shock," you look beautiful." Lizzie could see that Hazel was quite literally trying not to break down in front of him.