66 | blush

" But I love you so much more than just to the moon and back

" But I love you so much more than just to the moon and back."

- Unknown

✰✰✰

To say the least, watching the wedding rehearsal occur had to be absolute chaos if anything.

For one, George and Tab side by side, could not stop making the other laugh, and each time they began laughing harder and harder. Joe looked ready to slap them just about every time George let a chuckle past his lips.

But Lizzie swore she was just being a baby, but seeing Hazel walk so gracefully beside Captain Speirs, a smile on her pink cheeks as she glanced shyly up towards him made Lizzie's heart burst. Little Hazel getting married was just...emotional.

Even at some points she saw Speirs squeezing her hand just a bit tighter like he, himself, couldn't believe it either.

Seeing Joe's eyes glow as he watched Hazel, at the rehearsal looked equally as adorable, as she skipped a bit up the steps and stopped in front of Joe. It seemed like half the time she was trying not to laugh at Joe and the other times it was vice versa.

Lizzie found it hilarious as Catherine would snicker from beside her.

But in the end, knowing that within a day the two would be married, Hazel and Joe would finally get the happiness they had deserved all through war.

The night out on the town had been the 3 couples, away from the chaos of the wedding for a moment as Ms Parker and Mrs Liebgott finished last minute preparations. The rest of the boys whether unmarried or escaping their families for the night, went out to some of the local bars. But the group of 6 resorted to some of the local bay-side restaurants that sat along the water, with a view of the infamous Alcatraz across it.

The mood was cheerful yet so wonderfully peaceful, with the dimmed lights of the warm atmosphere, laughs rising up from their chairs and bright eyes - such love and joy at a tiny little table in the middle of San Francisco - who knew joy could be found in a little place like this? Even after a war....who knew it could be this....this... this beautiful.

Just seeing people happy again was what Lizzie needed, seeing the joy on peoples' faces and in their eyes, quiet laughter and relaxed faces.

The war was with them and a part of them, but it simply was not them.

Lizzie smiled more than she ever thought she would that night, the corners of her cheeks hurt more than she thought they would. She hoped to remember this moment years from now, when she would look back and think of who she served a war with - the brave men and women of Easy Company and of Operation Virago. She'd think of them, everyday.

By the following morning, it was wedding day - Lizzie felt butterflies in her chest and she wasn't even getting married. Lizzie slipped down the church's hallway and towards where she knew the boys would be. She anticipated chaos when she opened the door, but at the same time did she expect anything less?