29 | the wish for happiness

" Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time

" Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time."

- Unknown

✰✰✰

" He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way...." Lizzie sang, her voice slightly slurred, maybe a bit drunk even, as a bottle of white wine sloshed in her hand, a smile on her glowing face.

" He had a boogie style that no one else could play...." Tab sang beside her, a beer in his own hand as they drunkly stood upon the bar table, just as if they were dumb and dumber.

" He was the top man at his craft," Lizzie sang," But then his number came up and he was gone with the draft."

" He's in the army now. he's blowin' reveille-" Tab sang and then pointed at Lizzie.

" He's the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B!" the two sang together, raising their drinks in the air as the song continued playing and people laughed hysterically watching the duo perform their little dance. Hazel sat in the corner, giggling to herself as she watched the two.

" Man they are whipped," Babe said as Malarkey laughed beside him, sipping his drink. It was nice to see Don happy again, a bit happier than he had been.

" You want a sip of this, Hazel?" Don offered Hazel. Hazel made a face at the drink.

" It doesn't smell too nice," she said as Don smiled.

" It's fine, don't worry about it, it is kinda nasty," Don said and Hazel giggled.

" A root, a toot, a toodlie-a-da-toot-"

" No! No! NO! Elizabeth you're doing it wrong!" Tab complained like a child.

" Then what is it." pouted Lizzie, before taking a small sip from her bottle.

" A root, a toot, a toodlie-a-da-toot."

" You just did the same thing!" said Lizzie and Hazel laughed.

" Just keep singing!" Babe called back to them. Hazel laughed, slowly leaning back in her chair with a small sigh as the duo started their best at performing again.

" Bull, I'd never seen Hashey so shitfaced." Hazel heard Johnny say as him and Bull took seats around the table with beers, just not as drunk as the duo on the bar were.

" What do you mean?" Babe asked leaning forward.

" Pretty sure he's swinging around a poll outside, singing to no one." Johnny answered as the group broke into laughs. Hazel snickered quietly to herself.

" What's he singing?" Malarkey asked.

" I don't know, some Doris Day song, but you'd give him a run for his money any day of the week." Bull said and Hazel laughed. Then there were gently clasped around her neck, in a gentle manner.