Chapter 12

Anita's POV

I groaned and shifted around the bed. I don't want to get up but I have too and it's already late and I need to visit my mother and pay all the bills because I got money three days ago.

It's been two weeks since we did that and our relationship changed. In the bad way, I could say. I don't talk to him because I feel so ashamed and embarassed with myself. I know what our deal was but there are my feelings.

And I feel guilty because I liked it how he was making love to me. How his lips was tenderly kissing every part of my body making me loved. I've fallen really hard for him. But our night was only plain and without feelings for him.

But what did I expect? I was with him because of the deal we made and because he gave me money. And that means I was another one of the prostitues he slept with. And I know he did that with a lot of women.

I didn't know I was crying when my eyes was already stinging with tears. It hurt to know that all these thoughts are real truth. I wiped the tears and got up from the bed. I took a warm shower and dressed in white floral dress.

I took my credit card where he transferred the money and headed outside. I walked to the hospital and went to my mother's doctor. He was happy that I paid all the bills and I spent quite a lot of money. The doctor is really a good person. He helped me to cover up unpaid bills from the director.

I went to my mother's room and found her laying down like always and eating. They obviously brought her breakfast before I arrived. I feel so sad to see her like this. She is already six months here and I believe she is bored.

''Mom, I came to visit you.'' I chirped.
''Hi, my little Nita. You have grown up so much.'' She said and that saddened me. My mom has Alzheimer's. She thinks I'm a child so that's why I act childish when I'm with her.

''Yes, mommy. I did. I'm already eighteen.''
''You look beautiful like always.'' She said caressing my cheek. I kissed the palm of her hand and smiled. My poor mom. She suffered so much in her life.

I was talking with her about memories. She keeps going in the past to the point when she met my father whose name I don't want to say. He left me alone with my mother and I regret carrying his last name.

After an hour with her, I had to leave. I walked home with the thoughts about my mom. If I could I would take her home, but how was I supposed to take care of her if I was going to work. I can't leave her alone even for a little. And that heart stroke was enough to confirm my thoughts.

I arrived home in no time and decided to make us lunch. If he even comes home. I made us steak with mashed potatoes and salad as a side dish. I waited for him for about 15 minutes but he didn't show up so I ate alone like past few days.

I went to my room and put on a movie. I snuggled in my pillows as I peacefully watched. I felt tired from today's activites and I was close to sleep, when I heard a knock on my door.

Vince entered my room and smiled.
''I just came to check if you're okay.''
''I'm fine. You have lunch in the kitchen. I already ate.'' I replied.
''Thanks. Get some rest.'' He said and closed the door of my room.

I sighed and turned my attention back on the movie. I was sad because of this. We barely spoke few words in a day. But I just can't be like before. I can't bring myself to talk to him like a normal person.

Maybe, everything was a mistake. But it's too late to go back after all that happend. But I want to think this was good mistake. And maybe, everything will turn out good.