Chapter Seven

Gunnar spends the rest of the week in investor meetings and parent meetings. A few of the investors decided to back public events and even a few local businesses will sponsor a teen night in the neighborhood. It's a big family event for the teens and always has a good turn out. It's one of the major things that his center pulls together for the kids. 

It's midweek and Gunnar decides to head home for a family dinner. Allie will be there because Jessie had to work late on a court case. She hangs out at the farmhouse with Sadie and Ben when Jessie has things to do.

"Hey, Mom and Dad? You here?" Gunnar yells through the house.

"Out on the patio," Sadie yells back.

He walks out and finds his parents outside. "Hey Guys," Gunnar smiles.

"Hey son, how's it going?" Ben asks.

"Where is Allie?" He asks.

"Game room doing school work. Food's ready, will you go get her?" Sadie asks Gunnar.

He nods and heads to the game room. Passing all the family pictures he smiles at the first picture of him and Allie. He didn't know his mom took a picture of them spinning in circles as the snow fell. When he walks into the old game room, Sadie still keeps it the same as when he was younger. Foosball table, big tv for movie nights, a few desks for homework and a large bookshelf full of books. They all used to spend a lot of time there as siblings.

"Hey Stranger," Gunnar teases.

"Gunnar!" She screams in excitement. She jumps and gives him a hug. Allie is easily his most favorite person besides his mom. He's tried to spend as much time with her as he could. She never knew their dad and her mom doesn't date much. He and Ben try to be that role model for her best they can.

"Food's ready! Let's go eat! Jump on," He encourages. Sinking down to the ground and she jumps on his back.

"You are hands down the biggest NERD!" she squeals as he jumps up and runs through the house.

"Maybe, but still the coolest biggest NERD!"

"Ok, kids! Cheese you are going to break something! Calm down!" Sadie says.

They all take a seat at the outside table to eat dinner.

"How was Italy?" Gunnar asks.

"Amazing, absolutely amazing!" Sadie smiles.

"Norway next!" Ben starts, "There is this cool place where you rent this igloo looking thing that has a ton of windows so you can see the northern lights while staying warm,"

"Of course," Sadie adds. "I'm so excited. It's not until closer to Christmas so we will be here and there,"

"Very nice, Allie how is school?" Gunnar asks.

"National Honor Society," She proudly states.

Gunnar gives her a high five, proud of his little sister, "Nice!"

"I have a boyfriend," Allie says.

"No, you don't,"

"Yes, I do,"

"No, you do not,"

"Yes, I do!

"No, you absolutely do not!" Gunnar pushes. "Too young!"

"SADIE!" Allie yells. Gunnar smiles, he loves giving her a hard time.

"Gunnar, hush up, he is a nice boy," Sadie comes to Allie's defense.

"Is he? Is he really?... I mean... Is he?" Ben adds.

"Ben, don't take that tone," Sadie warns. She gives Ben a stern side-eye to which he smiles big. He looks at her with such admiration and love. She buckles every time. "Love, don't be like that. Jessie has strict rules and Allie is a good kid,"