Chapter Sixteen

When Victoria had the fight with Gunnar about the trust she really didn't mean for it to go that way. She does trust him, she just didn't trust Ashley. She used sly moves to get what she wanted and Victoria saw it first hand. She knew what she was up against.

She was sitting at the bar when Josh walked in.

"Hey Buddy!" he waves.

"Hey Buddy," she laughs.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a small fight with Gunnar. He's meeting with an investor, a friend from school, and possibly his skanky wife," she snarls.

"Whoah," Fighting words.

"I know her and her tactics. Anyway, the conversation ended with us yelling and me hanging up the phone," she looks down ashamed.

"Well, investor meetings are stressful. We are basically selling ourselves for donations and money," he tries to explain. "It's a lot of pressure and G really harbors it since he handles the finances. He sees where every penny goes and it all goes to the kids. Kissing ass is not his thing,"

"I know, I feel bad. I put more on him like that. I trust him with everything, it's just HER I don't'. Ashley is a snake and does anything to get what she wants. I don't trust her,"

"I get it,"

"I shouldn't have hung up on him,"

"Well, what do you say? Let's surprise him. Call someone to come in and take over your shift and let's go surprise our G?"

"Josh, I don't have enough money to do that,"

"I'm still paying you back for Austin. He's really opened up to me. Take this... Please? It will mean the world to him that you are there,"

Victoria bites the inside of her cheek trying to suppress a grin. She's never been one to take handouts like this, but it's a deal that is all too tempting.

"Vic..." Josh bats his eyelashes at her and holds his hands up begging.

"Ok," she squeals, "Let's do this!"

She quickly gets someone to cover her and she heads home grabbing just a few essential things then heads to the airport. She's never done anything like this and is too excited to realize that she still has her phone turned off. The entire ride and flight she and Josh talk. He's become a really great friend to her and started to officially date Isla. They seem to be working well together and she couldn't be happier for her friend.

Once the plane lands they grab their stuff and head to Gunnars. It's late and she sees his truck out front.

"This is kind of exciting,"

"Yeah, I've never done this before. He's never been this head over heels for anyone," Josh says.

"I love him so much, let's go!" She jumps out of the truck and races to his apartment. When they open the door she can feel that something is off. Clothes are strung around, lights are on, and the fridge is open?

"Josh, this is weird," she says looking around confused. "Is that? Is that a bra?!"

"Vic, calm down, let's not jump to..." he tries to grab her arm but she runs down the hallway to the bedroom. When she walks in she sees it. Them in bed. Ashley is naked and Gunnar. He looks naked?

"Oh my god!" she screams and runs back through the apartment.

"Vic, HOLY SHIT!" Josh screams and runs back after her.

Josh tries to stop her from running out the door, he wants to see what the hell is actually going on. This isn't like him.

"No, No, No!" Victoria yells. She is trying to push Josh away.

Book 2 - Into the Lightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें