Chapter Twenty Seven

The doctors place a tiny little girl in Victoria's arms.

"Oh my god!" Gunnar and Victoria say at the same time.

"You did good momma,"

"Thank you for helping dad,"

Gunnar lets a tear escape and Victoria wipes it away. He looks at her with such pride.

"I have a daughter," Gunnar beams.

"You do, are you happy?"

"Ecstatic!"

"Here," She says, handing over this tiny little ball to Gunnar. He cradles her and walks to the window. Victoria closes her eyes and sits in silence listening to his captivating voice.

"My beautiful little girl. It's so nice to finally meet you! You are perfect," his voice mixed with emotions. "Ten fingers, ten toes, and beautiful brown hair like your mom. I promise to show you how to throw a spiral or do one of those dance turns. I am awful at the moment but I'll take a class with you if you need it. I promise to love you and put you and your mom first above all others. This life may be difficult but your mom and I will always have a place for you. A place to call home, and a family that is eager to meet you! We will camp and I'll teach you to fish! Your mom will need to teach you a monopoly, she is the queen of that game,"

"And don't you forget it," Victoria gives an exhausted laugh. Gunnar looks up at his wife and slowly walks back to sit on the side of the bed. She starts to whimper. "I think she is hungry love,"

Gunnar hands her back to Victoria and she tries to nurse her. It's a bit difficult at first but once she latches on she begins to nurse. Victoria looks up with pride. "I did it!"

"You did beautiful love," Gunnar leans in and gives her a sweet kiss.

"20 minutes and then I believe the grandparents need to meet their granddaughter," Victoria says.

Gunnar nods his head in approval and moves around to lay next to her. He wraps his arm around her watching both of his girls in amazement. She nursed for just a little bit and it ended up being closer to 30 minutes before Gunnar went to get Ben and Sadie. As he is gone, Victoria tries to get her and the little lady ready. Gunnar peaks in the door and sees that everyone is ready before he ushers the grandparents in.

"Mom and Dad, come meet..." Gunnar starts.

"Your granddaughter," Victoria finishes.

"Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh!" Sadie quietly squeals.

"Wow, she is beautiful!" Ben looks at her with such love.

"She is! Oh, can I hold her?" Sadie holds her hands up to her chest, trying to control herself.

"Of course! Here," Victoria places her in Sadie's arms. Ben rests a hand around Sadie's waist and the other sits gently on their sweet girl.

"What is her name?" Ben asks, never taking his eyes off the baby.

"Zoey Sadie Andrews," Gunnar proudly announces. He and Victoria smile at each other knowing that they want their children to be named after the people who mean the most to them. Sadie was such a big impactful person in both of their lives.

"Your mom needs a hug sweetie," Victoria points out.

Sadie is quietly ugly crying, so is Ben.

"Come here you goof's" Gunnar laughs.

Gunnar engulfs the three of them and Sadie's body shakes from happy sobs.

"Mom are you ok?"

"I'm more than ok,"