Chapter 23

Lucas

Next day

 “Lucas, you cool with Kendric coming with us?”

“Of course, I am. He loves spending time with his uncles. I don’t know why.”

“Listen at that sarcastic tone. The audacity Lucas.”

“Even.”

“Have you ‘accidentally’ snuck into your baby room? Never mind, she needs a real man.”

“Exactly who are you going to introduce her to, because I know your ignorant friends.”

“So, you are catching vibes from- “

Seeing Kendric come down the steps, I interject Even, “Kendric, you ready to go with your uncles?”

“Yes, daddy I am. Are you sure I can’t ask Ms. Essence; it might make her feel better?” Kendric ask.

“I’m sure she will be happy knowing you are having fun with Even and Wyatt. Be good alright.”

“I will daddy. Will you check on Ms. Essence, I don’t like seeing her sad.” Kendric states as he hugs me.

“I don’t either but go have fun.”

“I will, bye daddy,” Kendric tells me waving his hand as he walks out the door with Even and Wyatt.

After taking a shower to cool off and relax me. My phone pinged. Opened the picture message it was Ivy in her bra and panty. Rolling my eyes, I toss my phone on the bed, then putting on just a pair jogger.

Moments later my phone pinged again. Checking to make sure it was not Kendric I did not bother to reply. Walking out my bedroom, once again I heard crying coming from Essence’s room.

Deciding if I should check on her or not, I decided against checking on her.

A while laying on the couch watching the Umbrella Academy I was startled when a soft voice spoke low, “oh shit!”

Looking up I see Essence standing on a step. When we made eye contact, she turns around trying to scurry back up the stairs.

“Where are you going?” Watching her stop in her tracks she faces me again.  

“I um, um, I. I. I, left my phone and I was going to get it.” She begins going up the stairs again when I spoke.

“You mean the phone in your hand,” I question with a raised brow.  

She lightly laughs, “so it is.”

As Essence stares at me she becomes more flustered by the second.

“I am about to cook dinner; I would like it if you would join me.”

“I would like that too.” A smile graces her face.

Walking towards her going up the step, “excuse me, I need to grab a shirt to put on.”

“Thank God, but why.” I hear her say barley audible and to herself.  

“What you say?”

“Nothing, take your time.” Essence says darting to the living room.  

Laughing at her action I went and grabbed a shirt. Getting back downstairs noticing Essence is focus on what is on her phone.

“Boyfriend wondering where you are?” I ask going to the kitchen to cook.

“Boyfriend? What boyfriend?”

Holding my hands up, “just thought I would ask.”

“I don’t have a boyfriend; my only concern is Mat- Kendric.”

“Can I ask you a question, I promise it won’t be anything stupid,” I tell her laughing.