Chapter 1: Cannon Fodder?!

Indie Grey Solstice felt as if she was the most pitiful cannon fodder in the world. If it wasn't enough for her to transmigrate into a Dark fantasy mysterious romance novel set in the pre-civilized times of history, what's worse was that she was doomed for a detrimental end. Why?

Presumably, because the first words in the novel started with, <Indie Grey Solstice died on December 18, 1886.>

Did she not even get the honor of staying alive at least half a page? Even if she was a side-character Cannon Fodder whose death was relevant to the story, did she really have this sh*tty fate?

She pursed her lips to distort her anger. Why?! Why- out of all of the possible books she could have possibly transmigrated into- did she have to reincarnate here?!? She stared at the book, <The Phantom's Secrets> next to her.

When she first transmigrated into this world with a feverish and anxious body, the first thing she noticed was that she was holding a strange book in her hands, and a note which had the date and her name.

<To Indie Grey Solstice, December 17, 1886,>

Then, she used up all the tissue rolls left in the Kitchen counter to cry. 

"How original!"Indie cried as she sat on her bed. She had only ONE day to change her fate. But the problem was- How!?

*** 

Today was December 17. Tomorrow was December 18. She had one day to survive in this world and avoid her gruesome death. What's worse was that Indie Grey Solstice was just a background character whose name was only mentioned in the first chapter was killed off by an infamous assassin:

'The Reaper-X' 

Reaper-X was the strongest, and the most dangerous Assassin in the entire novel. He was a slave devoted to the Male lead of the novel and stayed dutifully loyal until his very death. How will she survive his hands?! Reaper was a mastermind of disguise, and had an entire network of intelligence groups working under him. 

'It's dangerous.' Indie wonder what the Original Indie Grey Solstice did for the notorious assassin to personally murder her and bring her to her grave. 

***

<The Phantom's Secrets> is set in the Dark fantasy Victorian era of Europe, where the Holy Church was in absolute peak of their power, and used the name of "God" to overthrow continents, and intimidate powerful Empires.

The Holy Church then formed the Holy Empire which was the only biggest and the strongest Empire in the entire continent, and then corruption followed right after. 

The Nobility who supported the Church was called the Aristocratic Faction. 

The Nobility was called the Patrician Party, who opposed the Church. 

The Male Lead was sent is as a Leader and a Representative of the Patrician Party, and he was also called the 'War Hero' and joined forces with Reaper X. They formed a bond. 

The Female Lead was a victim of the Church's abuse and also declared herself to join the Patrician Party. What made her the Female Lead was because she had the Divine Powers of God. The Church had threatened her family after they found out that the Female lead could be of use to them. And Female Lead, angry ran away to avenge her family and overthrow the Church once and for all. 

And then they did. But of course, there were pages of Romance, Dispute, Betrayal, and Anger between all of these pages. 

They finished off the Holy Church and divided the Empire into equal nations and ruled peacefully. The corrupted survivors from the Aristocratic Factions were imprisoned and then lead off. 

The End.  

*** 

But what about her!! 

That book was about 900 chapters long. And she died before she got into the First line of the story~~! Impossible!

Indie grabbed a jug of cold water to cool herself down. First! She needed to find clues about the Original Indie and devise a plan to escape the hands of Death. 

Now... what grudge can the most best assassin the novel have against her to personally kill her?

Considering the fact she would be killed off by the most powerful assassin from the 'Patrician Party'- 'Reaper-X', who was dutifully loyal to the Male lead of the story, meant that the Original Indie Grey was someone with powerful backing.

But how should one investigate about one's self? She couldn't ask others, they would find it weird. So she could only look around the house to find out about the Original Indie.

From drawers, to cupboards, snooping under the bed to look for some clues.

'Sh*t.' There are no clues. No letters, no identity cards, no personal items except for a luggage behind the cabinet doors. She checked that too...

Even if Indie was just a mere background character, to be mentioned in the novel on the first page in the prologue was important.

Indie felt pride swell up and then the pride immediately inflated when she remembered that she would be murdered off before any of the plot happened. 

If she was from the 'Aristocratic Faction,' who were in war with the 'Patrician Party,' meant that she was someone who probably supported the church. But why can a Church supporter live in a small town? Actually, why would Indie Grey Solstice be a normal character if she supported the Church?

The Church supporters were either wealthy people or people who were offered riches by the Church if they supported them.

So the Original Indie has some really powerful backing or She is their Spy for the money...

Something clicked.

A Church's Spy? A Missionary probably? Did the Original Indie come to bribe the most powerful assassin in the novel to support the Church... and he got annoyed by her antics he finally killed her? 

'UGH! What can I do!' she cried as she grabbed her head. The Assassin probably knew her identity so that's why he came to personally bid her goodbye! 

Why! Why! 

"How troublesome!" Indie cried. She would die tomorrow night and now here she is figuring out where everything went wrong. Should she be running? Yes! But where!?

She lacked the courage to run. Besides even if she did, what can she do to remain low? If she was a Church's Missionary or some type of spy- the Original Indie did an excellent job hiding clues and evidence. If she did run, she would have to get an enormous amount of sum to travel away from the Empire.

The Empire was massive, and was the only kingdom in one continent. The Church were planning to expand overseas, so if Indie tried to run- she would have to run away to the southern most coast- which was way across the continent!!

How would she get that much amount of money to travel? How would she travel there? How many days will it take her to get there? 

A Spy was even worse! She needed to cut ties with the Church! Hmph! She will show her murderer that she could be of use to them. Yes... 

If she could show Reaper X that she could help with the rebellion, maybe she would survive, get some money of support, and then she would flee away from this Empire. 

Besides she had a Cheat- she knew the original story line and the Church's weakness!

Yes! If she offered a deal with her murderer to help him overthrow the Church then they could work to together and she won't be killed! 

And the story would end faster of course. Indie knew who were the bad guys, and who wasn't. Indie knew who could be useful, who couldn't. 

Indie smirked. All she had to do is to resign herself as a Spy, and then lick her Murderer's boots, offer help, overthrow the Church, and she wouldn't killed. Besides, who would kill off someone with cheats? 

She, Indie Grey Solstice, refused to die.  

***