Chapter 4: Main Character's Attention

Indie remembered something. She needed to buy toilet tissue paper. In front of her was a tissue paper sale. Indie doesn't have that much money considering the fact that she doesn't know where the Original Indie put her valuables. 

'Buy One to get Two more Free!' Sale Billboard was in front of her face. It was a one day sale!  And Sir Aven Maxwell was standing beside her. 

'Isn't it embarrassing when one goes shopping for toiletries or personal supplies when talking to a stranger? It's straight off rude!' 

"Is something the matter?" Aven asked, Indie quickly reverted her gaze from the billboard. She didn't want him to follow her line of sight at all! Gah! It's too embarrassing. 

"No- nothing at all, I just remembered something..." 

"Is it urgent?" He asks in a worry-tone, "I don't know if I am-" 

"No~ no, it's actually completely fine." Indie lied. She couldn't believe she lied from her mouth to save face in front of a complete stranger! 

'Ugh... why am I doing this?!' 

"Hmmm... the snow this year came a little late didn't it?" he asked me. 

"Did it?" Indie asked tilting her head, as she quietly peaked at the Billboard. People were crowding that stall. It's going to run out of stock soon! Toileteries~ if she didn't buy them- where else other than the Toilet would she spend her life? 

She promised that she would stay at home for some time to avoid contact with Reaper X. So she expected to stay at the bathroom to weep, do her business, and rant out her anger. Tissue rolls are very useful. 

"..."

"..." It was silence again between them. Indie felt her social anxiety again rushing down her veins. 

"Any hobbies?" Indie called, still stealing glances at the Billboard while staring at him. 

"Ah~ I love teaching Liberal Arts to children," 

"Teaching?" Indie has never heard of this occupation before. Most of the characters in the novel were high-ranking. Detective, Assassin, Commander of the Knights, Prince, etc. 

Besides, this Angel teaches?! Indie imagined him with glasses, writing on the chalkboard and teaching. 

'It fits him... his angelic personality comes from handling students and kids huh? He is really an angel,' 

"Yes. And you?" 

"...Mn..." Indie didn't know what hobbies the Original Indie liked, so Indie chose the ones from her previous life. "I like music. So I compose music." 

"That's beautiful." he said chuckling. 

"Mn..." Indie thought back. She missed her previous life. She clenched her teeth, she can't go back. She was a cannon fodder. Fated to die on December 18. Today. 

"..." 

"..." 

Silence filled them again but unanimously without communicating, both of them kept walking further into the town.

***

"...the snow is beautiful..." Indie felt as if she was repeating the line over-and over. Her social anxiety stress was getting to her. 

"You're right..." 

"...It's white like diamonds in the sky..." 

"Hmm... have you never seen it before?" 

"Ah~ sort of..." 

"?" Sir Aven gave her a look. His thick black eyelashes looked beautiful, casting a shadow over his eyes. Like a curious beautiful black cat, asking for attention.