Chapter 16: He's waiting outside

Indie crumpled the piece of paper next to a fireplace inside a lavish grand room. Her face paled, as she studied the contents of the letters properly. It was the same type of letter she had received when she first teleported into this world:

<To Indie Grey Solstice, Dec. 19,

Finish the Story.>

The letter proliferated into ashes right before her eyes.

'WHO WROTE THIS?! I WILL FILE A FREAKING COMPLAINT RIGHT NOW! No one gets to order me around anymore! I will not let a piece of a paper order me!'

Indie wasn't aggrieved this badly in her life before. She kept thinking: 'Why am I living like this? I quit everything!' She just transmigrated, almost died, survived a frozen ice blizzard, met her relatives, friends, the Cardinal, and a Guardian of the Empire; what is this now?

Who wrote that letter? Was it someone in the mansion? Someone with magic that the letter got proliferated right away? Or was it the same person who sent her into this world?

What does it mean to finish the story? Killing herself and following the original timeline? Or to destroy the Church completely?! 

*Knock* *Knock* 

"U-uh Come in?" Indie answered the door. 

"..." 

What the–? Was someone at the door or something? Indie stood up and slowly opened the large door. 

Why was she feeling the déja Vu?  There was no one at the door. And Indie swore that she had heard knocking on the door. Or... 

Indie's eyes shifted towards the four walls and the four giant windows. She gulped down air and rolled her eyes to remind herself that she must have been mistaken somehow. There was no noise. There was NO Reaper. 

It's impossible he could have tracked her down. She was in a mansion! Far away from the Church! 

*Knock* *Knock* 

'I am just going to ignore that-  but it feels ominous.'

Was it the wind? No– Indie knew it very well– she was being watched all this time. Someone was outside the window. 

*Knock* 

Someone was following her. Reaper? Jason? 

Yeah, sounds like them alright– those two are the only people in the world who would climb up the window. Should she scream? People will find her as mad like a dog. Or– should she open the curtains? 

Indie stepped towards one of the curtains, and slowly lifted them up. 

No one. 

*Knock* But slowly– on the foggy glassed window– letters were traced. IN BLOOD. 

L

E

T

M

E

I

N

The wind howled with the silence, and the fireplace crackled. Indie wanted to scream as she trembled and fell on the floor. She knew who it was... 

Reaper. 

'F*ck. Looks like someone is awaiting my death right outside of my window!'  

***

***

***

***