Chapter 23

Will’s POV:

  He repeated my words back to me; each one cold and emotionless. I couldn’t begin to imagine what he thought of me right now. I wanted to hit myself for even saying them in the first place, even though I had been too distracted to know he was listening.

“Angel. Look at me. Please?”

He didn’t.

I sat on the floor by the bed, and faced the blanket swaddled figure.

“I know what I said sounded bad, but I didn’t mean a word of it. I swear.”

He didn’t move.

“I’m sorry I said all those stupid things. I had no right and I’m so, so sorry.”

The room remained silent after my apology. I sighed as my head fell into my hands in frustration.

“Why are you sorry?” I raised my head to meet dull brown eyes.

“You’re right. You own me now. You can do whatever you want.”

I sat on the bed as he sat up. I was about to speak. To tell him that that was a load of bull, in nicer words or course, but stopped and watched as he got out of bed and came to kneel in front of me.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m waiting for my punishment.” Came the quiet reply.

I huffed and pulled him off his knees and onto the bed so he was sitting beside me.

“I’m the one that was stupid. I’m the one that hurt your feelings. I’m the one that basically insulted you. Why do you think you’re the one who deserves punishment?”

“Because you were right! You both are!” I was startled by the sudden volume of his voice.

“Ever since I got here, all I’ve done is break rules. Every single one of them. I’ve never had my punishment held out for this long and I would like if you just got it over with.” He finished.

It only just occurred to me how much they had brainwashed him. It sounded like they had been treating him like an animal.

“I’m sorry for raising my voice.” I sighed at the apology.

“You’re allowed to raise your voice. You’re allowed to get mad and express that anger however you want.” I said calmly, scared that if I let my emotions get the best of me, I’d leave right now and hunt those fuckers down, regardless of the consequences.

“But the rules say―”

“Whose rules?” My voice came out harsher than I intended and I immediately regret it as he flinched at my tone.

“L-luke’s.” So that’s the bastard’s name.

“Well, you’re not with Luke anymore.” His name came out as a sneer; the word itself felt disgusting.

“You’re with me. And his rules don’t apply here. So no, I’m not going to punish you because you don’t deserve a punishment.”

His face scrunched up for a moment, considering my words before he nodded. I knew it would still take some time for him to really understand.

“So what exactly are your rules?”

“You’re not my slave. You can do whatever you want as long as you ask if it’s safe first.”

He frowned at that, obviously not agreeing with me.

“But I’m supposed to be your bloodslave. And your friends said you would be my Master and I have to do what you say.”