Chapter 11

November 26th.

"What do you mean you don't celebrate Thanksgiving?" I yell loud enough for the him to hear me through the phone.

"We just haven't in a while." Shane's voice speaks loud over the speaker as I search my closet.

"Why not?"

Shane's quiet for a while.

"Shane." I sigh, walking across my room to pick up my phone and take it off speaker. "Tell me." I say once the phone is pressed to my ear.

"It's just- what's there to be thankful for, Bridgit?"

The words hold so much pain that they hurt me.

"A lot. You're alive, Caleb's alive, your father's alive. Life itself is something we should be thankful for. Yes, Caleb is fighting for his, but it's still here."

"You can't let me be realistic for one damn moment can you?"

"Nope." I smile to myself and walk to my closet again.

"What are you doing?" "Trying to find a decent outfit. One that's not too fancy because knowing my family, I'll have to run to the store. It can't be too casual either."

"So the t-shirt of mine you keep is out of the question?" My fingers freeze.

"What?"

"Oh you know that day I gave you my shirt. You still haven't gave it back."

My face flushes.

"I keep forgetting." "Sure you do. Keep it. It looks better on you anyways. Not like it's my favorite."

Curiosity takes over, "Which is your favorite?"

"The Blink-182 shirt. That's one shirt I wouldn't share." I laugh. At least it's a good band.

"Well I've really got to get ready. Tell Caleb I'll visit soon. Bye."

"Bye, Bridgit."

I hang up.

"Was that the devil himself?" Violet returns to my room, clutching her head.

"Hey, he didn't make you drink that much." I laugh.

"He brought the alcohol." "Technically I did. I thought you guys were going to be so tough on him that we would both need it at some point in the night." I shrug.