8/Cold Fight

Time Skip To Winter Break

I woke up to see the campus was covered in snow. I took a shower and put in my jeans, sweater, boots, and hat. I slid on my anklet and it felt great. Today was the first day I didn't have to wear the bulky brace anymore! I went outside and admired the snow and my new anklet.

I walked aimlessly around campus. I loved the winter season. Not just because of holidays, but the atmosphere is so nice.

I waved to people as I walked by them. Seems like I'm not the only one who's admiring the cold atmosphere of the campus.

I saw a guy up ahead running. Who the hell is working out right now of all times. It's super early and it's cold out and somehow people can go on jogs.

As I got closer, I realized it was Wakatoshi. I sighed and smiled. He didn't see or hear me, but I still admired him. He's so hard working which makes me jealous sometimes. I workout out and I work hard for my grades but he goes beyond.

I felt something smack me in the back of the head to snap me out of my thoughts. I turned around to see Eita with a snow ball in his hand.

I laughed and gave him a grin. We started a snow ball fight and after a while, more of the guys joined us. It became the team vs me which was totally unfair.

After a bit, Ushijima came jogging by us again. He asked me what we were doing. I grabbed his hand and pulled him down behind my snow shield.

You: We're having a snow ball fight. All you do is make a ball of snow and throw it at them.

Hayato: Not fair she has Ushiwaka!

Soekawa: He can spike, throwing may be different.

I gave Ushijima a snow ball and he threw it over the snow shield. It landed Eita right in the face and I tried to hold back my laughter. I praised Ushijima and told him to just keep doing that.

After about 20 minutes we called it a draw because we all were getting cold. We walked back into the dorms and decided to hang out in Ushijima's and Hayato's dorm.

Reon and I made everyone some tea while they all tried to warm up.

Reon: Is your ankle okay?

You: Yeah actually. The anklet has kept my ankle pretty warm so it was a lot easier to walk.

Reon: That's great to hear. Soon you'll be back to normal.

You: Well I still have to do my physical therapy but I now I can start building up the muscles again.

Reon and I talked in the kitchen while the guys played some games on the console. We passed out the tea to everyone and they were grateful.

I sat at the kitchen counter and went through my social media. I got a text from an old friend I had met when I was in Miyagi last year for break.

Sugawara: Hey!

You: Hey bud. What's up?

Sugawara: Nothing, just bored since volleyball isn't going on right now.

You: I feel you. Where are you?