16/Over Worked

I sat at the counter with my laptop looking for apartments. I was stressing out pretty badly. The money wasn't a problem, it was just trying to find one last minute. I've been trying to take care of everything and it's killing me.

It's like I'm the guy's actual mother. I'm helping them move and find places, I'm trying to help out the club while looking for colleges. Trying to find a temporary job, and now an apartment.

I put my life on hold for them, and now I'm struggling. All my stuff is in a storage unit and I'm staying in a hotel. It's not all bad though.. I have Ushiwaka. We decided to move in together but he's been super busy as well. Training camps, and colleges reaching out with athletic stuff. I barely get to see him now. He's all over Japan, while I'm in a small hotel room trying to find a home.

After an hour, I finally found an apartment near a college campus. The only bad part is, Ushiwaka was accepted there, while my application is still pending. My grades should be fine, but it's a athletic type of college... And I don't have any thing to show that I'm athletic, and I can't play any sports...

I kept searching in case I didn't get accepted into the college. I was so run down at this rate. I was exhausted, and sick. My head was pounding and my throat was terrible but I keep working. I'm supposed to help Reon move some stuff with the guys in literally 6 hours.

I saved everything on my laptop and got ready for bed. As soon as my face hit the pillow, I was asleep.

Ushiwaka's POV

I was on my way back to the hotel that [y/n] was at. I was super late and I started to feel bad. She wanted to hang out tonight and get a break from everything, but it's midnight.

I got out of my car and went up to our room. I opened the door and I saw her laptop on the counter while the rest of the hotel was dark. I walked into the bedroom to see her curled up in a ball. Her light snore cut the silence in the room, and she was holding a pillow just like she cuddles me. I felt terrible. I keep letting her down.

I got ready for bed but I didn't go to bed right away. I got on her laptop and looked at the apartments she was looking for. She found a really good one near a college, and her job applications seemed to be going well.

I saw the tissues and the cough syrup on the counter along with a book full of notes and writings. She was working herself till she was sick, and even then she is still working.

I flipped through her note book and it was full of notes and to do lists. She wrote down every single thing. I found today's, and it said at the bottom "Be awake to welcome Ushi home". Instead, she was exhausted and went to bed. I kept her waiting.

You: Welcome back Ushi~

I turned around to see her standing in the door way. Her hair was messy and she looked a mess. Her voice was raspy, and almost gone. Her eyes were dark like she hadn't slept in days. She looked destroyed.. and it's because of me.

Ushiwaka: Go back to bed.

You: No. I promised you that I'd stay up and we'd hang out since we are both busy lately.

She came up to me and grabbed my hand. She set me down on the couch and told me to pick a movie while she made tea. Her voice was raspier, but it was like she was full of energy. I texted the group chat to see if this is a normal thing she does.