22. The She Wolf

(Photoset; Camellia)

A/N: I'm changing Camellia's age to thirteen because we all underestimate twelve year olds xD

Also, I was wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to make more chapters in Jace's POV. Personally, I think it might give some important information away so I will not be making chapters in his POV during this period of time in the story but maybe later in the book I could do it. If not, then I can add bonus chapters at the end of the book. Tell me what you think. Xx

---------

I awoke to the sound of soft snores that sounded far too close to me for my liking. Don't you just absolutely hate the word 'snore'? Snore. Snore. Snore. Nope?

My eyes fluttered open and I remembered all of last night, causing my mouth to contort into one great big creepy smile. You know what they say, a happy thought in the morning brightens up your whole day. I was glad that he had blackout curtains in his room because I did not want to be blinded by the sun streaking in through the top of the curtains. Jace's arm was limp across my chest and his head was in the space between my head and my shoulder, laying on my pillow.

I twisted my head towards the sleeping boy next to me, peppering his face with kisses. Ok, so maybe I was evil for attempting to wake him up but I was extremely bored and hungry. Finally, a beautiful green eye replaced Jace's closed eyelid and I smiled. Something was at the tip of my tongue, and whether I should say it or not depended on how completely and utterly weird it would sound.

"Morning beautiful." I murmured. There, I said it. Shoot me. Jace just gave me a black stare then grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth. He buried his head into the pillow, face down, and I was no longer able to see his face.

"You're like the cliche monster." He mumbled into the pillow. "You don't realise how gay you just sounded."

I snickered at him using 'gay' as a term to describe what I said and twisted my whole body just a little so I was able to comfortably comb his hair with my fingers. He unburied his face from the pillow and I brushed away some hair that was in front of his eyes. I moved my hand from his long black locks to his face so I could caress it with my hand. My thumb ran across the love bite I gave him yesterday, the once very red mark was now adorned by patches of a dark shade of purple. I smiled at myself at my accomplishment.

"I'm hungry, go make me food." I ordered him jokingly. He flashed a small, lopsided smile in return. I was about to pull my hand away when Jace's left hand covered mine and rested it back on his cheek. He intwined our fingers together and pecked my swollen lips.

"What time is it?" He whispered and rubbed at his eyes.

I let go of his hand, and twisted around to look at my phone that was sitting on the bedside table. I saw the time and also saw that I had like fifteen messages from both Liam and Mum.

"It's nearly ten." I said as I felt Jace's arm snake itself around my waist from behind.

I squinted at the bright light of my phone as I brought it closer to my face and went to the messages app and groaned at the fact that a message from mum is never a good one, especially if there's more than two.

Liam: you never said you're staying over.

Liam: wait, you stayed over right?

Mum: where are you?

Mum: Zach please text me when you're near home.