Partners In Crime (Part 8) - Xander DeWitt

Y/N's POV

A party was thrown for Russell DeWitt's return and almost everyone in town attended the event.

Last night was pretty eventful, after an near death experience. My parents, along with Mrs DeWitt came to Bixler earlier today to see Russell.

Mom and dad hugged the life out of me as Mrs DeWitt did the same for Xander. I also told my parents that I'm going on a lunch date with Xander today and they were thrilled.

Xander and I have caused so much trouble these past few months, but I know that at the end of the day, if there's one guy my parents would trust be to be with, it would be Xander DeWitt.

Speaking of Xander, we went on a lunch date earlier today and for once we're actually having a good time like normal soon-to-be-couples do. I insist that Xander should spend time with Russell and Mrs DeWitt since it's been a long time since they haven't see each other in a long time. Mr DeWitt insisted that Xander should take me on a date and that they can have their father son bonding tomorrow instead.

During Mr DeWitt's welcome back party, a lot of people attended. I found Kenzie with Grandpa DeWitt, Russell and Xander. Mrs DeWitt and my parents are also there with them.

"Alright let's get the three generation of DeWitt's together," she said while holding up her camera. The three guys posed which made me smile.

"Does this mean you'll be coming around more often?" Grandpa DeWitt asked Russell. "Yeah dad, not just on the holidays," Russell replied.

"What about you kiddos? Wanna head home after tonight?" Mrs DeWitt asked Xander and me. We looked at Kenzie who is slightly frowning.

"We think we're gonna finish up the school year here," I spoke with Xander nodding his head in agreement. "I mean, I'm down with whatever Y/N wants, mom," Xander said. "Whipped," Kenzie coughed.

We all laughed at her comment.

Kenzie pulled Xander and I aside and made us stand next to each other. "Show me the love," she teased.

Xander smirked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and dipped me before pressing his lips against mine. Kenzie snapped a photo perfectly but Xander is still not letting me go.

I pulled away from Xander and giggles when he attempts to lean forward for another kiss. "Send me the pic Kenz!" I called out to her. She gave me thumbs up before Cara Jean walked up to us with her dog.

"We if it isn't Cara Jean of the fifth grade," Xander greeted, "And Skyler McMuffin."

"Where'd you find him?" I asked. "He was under my bed this whole time," Cara replied. My mouth fell agape and I can sense Xander wants to yell at the young girl.

"This is why we don't do pets," he said. "He's not just a pet, he's my best friend," Cara replied and walked away from us.

"I uh... I gotta admit we make a pretty good team," Xander said, referring to the addition which is Kenzie.

"Yeah and I got the biggest story if my life," Kenzie smiled.

"I got my father back," Xander added.

"And this has been one hell of an adventure for me," I finished. "Partners?" Y/N and Xander asked Kenzie at the same time. She jumped back and the trio laughed.

"Partners," Kenzie smiled, "Oh and uh that thing that you two just did, the talking in unison thing, don't do that anymore. It's creepy."

We laughed once again.

*********

I watched from a far as Russell interacted with the other guests, my parents are talking to Kenzie, Mrs DeWitt and Grandpa DeWitt.

I smiled and set my drink down on a table and looked up at the sky which is twinkling with stars. The cool breeze push past me, moving my hair back as I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of content.

I smiled when I felt someone behind me. Xander.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer," I teased him. "How's you know it was me?" Xander chuckled. "I spent my life hanging out with a detective loving cutie. And I picked up a lot from when you would constantly sneak up on me back when we were kids," I replied.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm happy. For the first time after three months I feel like I can breath again. My whole life's a peace now that my dad's back," Xander replied, "I know I've been saying this a lot now, but thank you. You've been there for me since we were kids, you helped me become the person that I am today."

"You're welcome Xan. You've also helped me through a lot. You helped me be me," I replied while lightly nudging his shoulder.

He wrapped me in his arms as we looked up at the sky. Well, I was. Xander was busy looking at me.

"It's beautiful," I whispered. It was definitely a lovely night. The moon was big and full, with the clear night sky and twinkling stars.

"I've got the most beautiful and shining star in my arms. What more could I want?" Xander smirked. I looked at me and we leaned forward for a kiss.

As we kissed each other, there was a fireworks starting. We pulled away to look at the brightly colored fireworks with huge smiles on our faces as Xander tightened his grip around me.

"I love you Y/N," Xander said. "I love you too Xan," I replied and we shared another kiss once again.

---------------

Wayhooo!!!!

I finished Bixler High Private Eye!!!

Thanks for reading this mini series guys and thanks for all the support.

I love you all, God bless and stay safe.