Wish I Had The Courage - H. H.

Henry's POV

I hid behind the corner as I watched my long time crush, Y/N L/N laugh with some of her friends.

I've had a crush on her since I was in sixth grade. I've had a few classes with her and we occasionally make small conversations here and there. We're friends, kind of, but I can never have enough courage to tell her that I like her or to ask her out on a date.

I sometimes wish I have Mitch's confidence. Why Mitch? Because he attempts to ask Y/N on a date everyday since last year.

She turns him down and always tells him to stop trying because she's not interested.

I kept staring at Y/N that when someone tapped my shoulder, I jumped in surprise. I turn around and saw Jasper and Charlotte smiling at me. "Hey Henry!" Jasper beamed.

"Hello," I mumbled before turning around to look at Y/N once again. "What are you staring at?" he wondered.

"It's more of a "who" than a "what"," Charlotte smirked. I glared at her. "Henry's got a crush? Who? WHO?" Jasper demanded.

"No one," I brushed him off while still staring at Y/N. We caught each other's eyes and I can feel my insides freaking out when she smiled and waved at me. It took me about ten seconds to snap out of my thoughts and wave back at her.

"Ooh is it Y/N L/N?" Jasper teased. I blushed and waved him off which only confirmed his assumption as he looks at Charlotte who is nodding her head at him.

My eyebrows furrowed when I saw Mitch approach her and her friends.

"Y/N"

She suddenly spit her coffee out of her mouth in shock and she angrily turns to look at Mitch. I can see the annoyance in her face as she saw him.

"Do you not like your coffee? I can buy you a new one baby," Mitch smirked.

"I like it, until you frightened it out of my mouth," Y/N sassed, "And don't even call me that."

"Oh come on babe. We all know, everyone knows that you like me and I like you. Let's take it to the next level," Mitch smirked. Y/N groaned, "I'm not Mitch! Can you leave me alone? If I was into you, I would've said yes to you from the start," she said.

"Just give me a chance, one chance," Mitch pleaded.

"No," was all Y/N said before she walked out of school, her friends following behind her.

Mitch's friends snickered at his misfortune as he slams his fist against the lockers and walked away.

I chuckled in satisfaction and leaned against the lockers. "How long? When were you planning on telling me? Do you even plan to tell me?" Jasper asked.

Charlotte tapped on her watch, signalling that we should head to Junk 'N Stuff. "It's not a big deal, it's just a crush," I said as the three of us walked out of school.

"Yeah a crush on the school's most hottest, most popular and badass chick!" Jasper insisted, "Do you have any idea how many guys would kill to have Y/N as their girlfriend?"

"We literally go to the same school and I can hear other guys talk about her," I said, "Some are even inappropriate."

Both Jasper and Charlotte frowned. I changed the topic as we continued our journey to Junk 'N Stuff.

Char and I left Jasper at the store as the two of us head down to the man cave.

"Hey Ray. Hey Schwoz," Charlotte and I greeted the two. Ray is eating fruits on the couch and Schwoz is creating a new gadget.