Chapter 23

"Run the tests, I'll be their shortly" Charles instructed Jared as he nodded and left the room. Charles pulled out his phone and dialed Nicholas' number.

It rang a few times before he finally picked up. 

"Charles? Is everything alright" Nicholas said with concern laced in his voice. 

"Everythings fine Nick. How's Juliet?" Charles asked as he held the phone to his ear with his shoulder and opened his laptop.

"She's- well she's being Juliet," Nicholas said truthfully, however her fever had gone down but she was still showing signs.

"Maybe you should try being nicer, you tend to come off as- possesive, intimdating perhaps" Charles suggested.

"She's stubborn Charles, she has a mind of her own. Being nice to her practically gives in to her game"

"You have to try harder, maybe leave her alone. She'll take the gesture as you listening to her" Charles face went pale as he read what was on his laptop.

"I'm not sure-"

"I've got to go Nicholas," Charles said as he quickly closed the phone and read the email once again.

'Vivians been seen at Versage Cafe. Please make sure Nicholas does not hear about this -Daniel' 

Charles' eyes widened as he realized what was happening. Vivian was back. The heartbreaker behind all of this, what was she doing back in town?

Most of all what was her motive? 

Quickly dialing Daniels's phone number Charles held up to his ear. The phone rang for a few seconds.

"Yes, Charles?" Daniel asked his voice was also laced with concern, he realized Charlesg                    

"Make sure Vivian and Cynthia do not show up at Nicholas' house do you undertand me." Charles instructed as Daniel agreed.

Closing the phone Charles let out a breath as he looked around for Nicholas' stash of "adult beverages" he knew Nicholas had to have them somewhere.

This job was too stressful for their not to be,

***

"I win" Juliet stated as she folded her legs and picked up the uno cards again.

"You cheated I swear," Cassie said as she threw her hands up in frustration. Juliet stuck her tong out as she smiled in the joy of her victory.

"You're just upset Cassie, but what can I say? I'm just that good" Juliet flaunted as she stood up and flat out her dress.

"You're a big baby" Cassie shot back with a glimpse of a smile creeping in.

Truthfully she was, she was just a child, before she had gotten married she would do anything to go back to the days where she could be a carefree passionate little girl whose dreams were as big as the mountains.

But that was the past, back when life was easy. School, work, home, repeat. Now it was like she didn't even have control of her life anymore.

"Are you feeling better?" Cassie asked as she looked at Juliet.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay" Juliet responded rather quickly.

Maybe it wasn't because she was really okay, but because the topic had just become too touchy to talk about.

Life was not easy in that sense.

"You know you can tell me anything" Cassie reminded as she looked concerned.

This conversation quickly turned into an emotional one. Everyone seemed to treat her like fine china. She hated it, being treated like a fragile ceramic doll.

With one push she'd break. 

"Of course" Juliet agreed in a rush to get the topic over with.

"Do you think I'm supposed to believe you?" Cassie asked a tad bit agitated.

"I just need to get back on my feet and all will be well" Juliet stated as she pushed herself off the ground and watched Cassie do the same.

"You know,  you don't have to be so hard on Nick. He's trying Juliet" Cassie suggested as she stacked the uno cards and placed them back in its box.

"It's hard Cassie. He acts as if he owns me, how do you expect me to just follow along" Juliet said while her through went dry.

Cassie stayed quiet. She knew Juliet was right but the pit in her stomach was not going away.

"At least cut him some slack, he's figuring out everything," Cassie said with a small suggestive smile.

"I guess"

***
"And you're sure it was her Daniel?" Charles paced around the room as Daniel sat on the seat in front of him.

"I checked the flights, she got on the first flight two days ago." Daniel assured.

"Find out why she's here. And if word gets out to Nicholas I will personally murder every single one of you involved" Charles threatened as Daniel quickly agreed and left.

"You seem to be quite concerned about my presence Charles" The familiar voice boomed, Charles head shot up as Vivian clutched her hand bag.

Her bright red dress sticking to her curves and her high heels clanked against the marble flooring. Her designer hand bag was clutched in one hand while the other held her phone.

"Who the fuck let you in," Charles said between gritted teeth as he watched her stealthily move across the room and take a seat.

"Just a few threats and heavy accusations, your staff must really cherish this job. Shame how they stayed~" Vivian taunted as she watched Charles face redden in anger.

"You have the fucking nerve to walk back in here? You are truly and utterly shameless" Charles shot back.

"All over one heartbreak? You all are so sensitive. Besides I won't do anything to Nicholas, at least not physically" Vivian smirked with the same evil look she always had.

"You won't do anything what you're going to do is get the hell out this city and move on." Charles sneered.

"Don't you think a visit from your brother would only be proper, I came all the way here for him, I can't leave. Not until I finish this" Vivian said with a glimpse of remembrance.

"You've done enough. I will fucking end whatever good you ever had going for you and then you'll face a fraction of what Nicholas faced. You never loved him, not a single second you loved his status, his money, his features. But him? Never" Charles said and truthfully that was it.

"Don't try and tell me who I loved. You're not capable of love you don't know what it is so don't you dare accuse me of something like this."

"You're just too much of a coward to admit that you left because you wouldn't have the status anymore. When he was no longer useful to you, you dropped him like a fucking animal. I may not have been in love but you- you aren't loved in anyone's eyes. Not anymore" Charles finished as his face had now been bright red.

Vivian's face turned red as she stood up and walked over to Charles as she pointed a finger at his chest.

"You don't know a thing about me Charles. I know Nicholas is still in love with me. He has to be, I was his one true love." Vivian said between gritted teeth as she stormed out.

Charles had won this fight, but this was only one of many fights that would take place, and that scared him like hell.

But this would all be over, and all would be well. 

He hoped. 

***