Chapter 28

"He's sleeping, he's had a rough night. Can you um, call Charles? And get him over here" I said over the phone to Jared.

"Sure, is that all?" Jared asked 

"Yeah, yeah that's it," I said as I picked up the towels from the bathroom floor.

The condo was a mess, to say the least, and Nicholas, he was another mess. I wasn't sure how to help him.

That's why I needed Charles, he would know what to do.

Wetting the rag I leaned down as I wiped the few stains on the floor. Getting up I grabbed the empty bourbon bottles and tossed them.

Picking up the empty glasses I placed them In the sink.

Calling Annette I placed the phone to my ear.

"Hey Annette, I won't be in today. Let me know if that's an issue" I said 

"Yeah, sure that's fine I'll let Cassie know she's coming back today," Annette said as I cursed under my breath.

I totally forgot Cassie was coming home today. 

Brought out my thought I heard a knock at the door, Charles.

Opening the door Charles stood there with a worried look as he engulfed me into a fast hug as he walked past me.

Standing there for a moment stunned I shut the door and turned around as I followed Charles into Nick's room where he was fast asleep.

I leaned against the door as Charles watched Nick for a moment,

"He went to sleep late," I said as Charles looked up, He walked out the room as he motioned me to follow.

We walked back into the living room as we both sat down.

"You look good, last I saw we were at the wedding..?" Charles said as he tried to stir up a smile.

"yeah.. yeah I think so" I whispered as I looked up at Charles.

"Look, Juliet. Vivian, she's not just any crazy ex she's going to hurt anyone who gets in her way. Which is why it isn't safe for you to stay" Charles explained 

I furrowed my eyebrows,

"Wait, you want me to leave...? He's a mess Charles I can't just leave-" 

"You have to Juliet. You're her biggest target I tried keeping her away but she always finds a way back" Charles said as he watched my every move intently.

"But this is what she wants. She wants me to up and leave, with nothing stopping her" I said as Charles sighed.

"Look, she isn't going to stop until you leave. She'll hurt you and if she can't get to you she'll come for your loved ones she's crazy Juliet" Charles attempted to convince.

"I'm sorry Charles, but she's going to have to try better than making threats," I said.

Charles sighed as he looked at his watch.

"Fine. I can't force you to leave, but you have to know. She's good at what she does keep Nicholas away from any form of alcohol, as long as he's in his right mind he'll be able to contain himself" Charles said 

"Yeah, yeah sure I'll pour out the rest is there anything else I should know?" I asked as Charles took a deep breath.

"I know you two aren't really on good terms but right now he needs a shoulder to lean on, all the hurt and hate are all coming back at once" Charles continued.

"It's overwhelming. He'll do anything for it to stop, but you can't let him see her he has wounds that can't be opened again. Otherwise, he'll fall off the way he did at the beginning" Charles said as he stood up.

"I can handle myself Charles" Both Charles and I turned our heads to find Nicholas unamused and irritated as he buttoned his dress shirt.

"Sure," Charles said as he looked at me, I pressed my lips into a thin line as he nodded and walked out leaving me with Nicholas.

"I'm not a fucking heartbroken teenager," Nicholas said as he grabbed another bottle of bourbon.

"No Nicholas. A teenager doesn't drink away their issues and sleep with other women" I said standing up walking over to him as I snatched the bottle away draining it out in the sink.

His jaw clenched.

"I don't really give a fuck what you and my brother plan on doing. I can handle my love life, I can handle the bitch and I sure as hell can handle myself" Nicholas said between gritted teeth.

"Yeah well I guess we both have something in common, I don't give a fuck either not about you being able to handle whatever this shit is" I said replicating the same tone.

"I don't really give a damn Juliet," Nicholas said as he walked away leaving me in this mess.

I hated how hard this was.

Sighing I tossed the empty bourbon bottle and the rest of his fancy alcohol.

***

"We meet again Charles" Vivian smirked as she walked over to where he was sitting at the bar,

"Fuck me" Charles cursed consequenced to Vivian's presence.

"Two shots please" Vivian ordered as she looked over at Charles who looked purely disgusted and annoyed.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you? I mean watching Nicholas build this life without you with someone else who was willing to stick with him despite all the issues you gave him?" Charles taunted.

"He's never going to stop loving me, and that's enough damage for a lifetime" Vivian sneered back.

"And you're never going to be loved, however your wrong. Juliet, I'm sure you know her considering she is his wife is quite different you're going to have to try harder than that to scare her off" Charles smirked as he downed his drink.

"I love a good fight" Vivian smirked but behind that smirk was much more.

"Oh and by the way, it's going to really suck when Nicholas won't want anything to do with you if you do anything to Juliet" Charles chuckled as he pulled out a 20 and slapped it on the table leaving Vivian to her thoughts"

Walking out Charles felt relieved knowing that Vivian was now in a dilemma, that she could no longer harm Juliet if her intentions were to win Nicholas over.

***