CHAPTER 23: Panic Attack

BRITTANY QUINN👆
*****************
BELLA PARKER

After the park, Liam took us to a restaurant. Ryan ordered his favourite chicken, he wanted me to taste it, because he said they make that item the best here.

"Dad, did you see Mommy today? She was shouting so much."

"Shut up. I was scared okay."

He giggled.

I looked at Liam, he just shook his head looking at me with a smile on his face.

I glared at him.

But I am happy. At least I can make him smile. That smile looks good on him.

My heart!!

"Look who do we have here?" Came someone's voice from behind me and Ryan. Since Ryan was sitting with me. I saw Liam's body stiffen as he was sitting in front of me and Ryan so he could easily see who was behind us. I turned around to see a beautiful lady standing there looking at Liam, her eyes slowly travelled to Ryan. She smiled at him. I looked at Ryan and saw suddenly fear all over his face. He moved close to me and hugged me, hiding his face. The lady looked at me with an evil smirk.

She made her way towards us. She was about to touch Ryan, when Liam spoke "Don't you dare touch him."

Hearing Liam say those words Ryan's hold on me became tighter.

"You can't take away my right of touching my own son." The lady protested smirking.

My eyes widened, her son? She's Ryan's mother.

That mean she is Liam's ex-wife.

She is indeed beautiful. How will he like me when he had such a beautiful wife?

Oh shut up. You are more beautiful with a beautiful heart. You are precious.

Liam got up from his seat and stood in front of her. "Son?" He scoffed. "You still consider yourself as his mother."

"I am his mother Liam."

Liam rolled his eyes "You are not. You are the most horrible dream of his life that I want him to forget."

Why is he saying such hurtful things to her?

"Stop." The lady warned him.

"Why? The truth hurts?"

"Liam, I am his mother and you can't stop me from going near him."

"Well I can. I am his father. I have all the rights to protect him from a bitch like you."

"Bitch? Me? Then what are you, a selfish bastard to whom nothing matters other than himself."

Liam remained quiet but I saw his jaw clenched. I was waiting for him to say something, she can't call him selfish when he is always concerned about Ryan, when he cares for him so much. He is not at all selfish, he cares for people.

After sometime he finally spoke "Fine I am a selfish bastard but I am atleast not like you, to cheat on the people who love me."

"Liam."

"Leave Brittany."

She gave Liam the most hateful glare "He is my son and I will get him back no matter what. I will fight you Liam."

Liam smirked and slid his hands in his trouser pockets "I'll be waiting. I am sure your boyfriend has a lot of money to hire the best lawyer for you." Liam then bent down to her height and said "But trust me it's not even the half of what I have. Still you can try, I won't stop you."