CHAPTER 31: Guilt

For those who wanted Liam's POV here we are.

Happy reading!!
*****************

LIAM PARKER

She laid back on the couch and I kept staring at her, confused.

Why is she being like this? She hated sleeping on the couch, right? Then why suddenly she is behaving like this?

Whatever it is I should just ignore it.

What she did today, after that I can't trust her.

I laid back on the bed with hands resting on my temples. I don't know why but I was not able to sleep peacefully. I kept changing sides on the bed. In the end, I got up from the bed and went to check up on Ryan, to see if he is fine or not. Opening the door of his room, I saw my baby sleeping peacefully hugging his teddy.

I smiled to myself. I went inside the room and sat beside him.

Tracing my hand through his hair I said "Dad loves you baby. I will protect you with my life. I won't let that happen again, I am not like Brittany. Sorry, that I couldn't reach in time today and those boys bullied you, but from next time I promise I won't let anything like that happen to you."

I kissed his forehead.

I don't want him to go through any kind of pain again. He has gone through a lot, not anymore.

Making my way out of his room, I came back to my room just to see Bella sleeping on the couch, uncomfortably. She kept moving and once it looked like she would fall from the couch any moment. I went to her and picked her up in bridal style and placed her on the bed. As soon as I placed her on the bed she hugged the pillow.

I smiled.

I went to the other side and laid. When still I was unable to sleep. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arm around her waist. Her head rested on my chest, I don't know what is it but when she sleeps like this it makes me feel happy. She smells so sweet.

I can sleep peacefully now.
----------------------------------------------------------
The next morning I woke up and found the bed empty beside me. I looked around the room, but she was nowhere. I got up from the bed and went to the washroom, doing all my morning stuffs when I came out the room was still empty. Getting ready for office, I went downstairs.

There she was, feeding Ryan.

Isn't he big enough to eat the food on his own?

I sighed and went to them, taking a seat in front of Ryan I greeted him. "Morning."

"Good Morning Dad."

Maria served me the breakfast, I kept looking at Bella wishing that she would look at me at least once, but she didn't. I started eating my food, whenever my eyes went to Bella I saw her either nodding to what Maria was saying or feeding Ryan. She didn't spare me even a single glance the whole time.

Getting irritated by her behaviour I got up from my seat and picked my coat from the chair. I was about to leave when Maria called "Sir, breakfast."

Without turning around I said "Not hungry anymore." With that I left.

Driving my way to my company, I went in. I was fuming with anger all the time.

How does this girl always manage to piss me off?

I reached my office, taking my seat I started working. Chloe, my assistant came in after few minutes. Discussing with her about my whole day schedule, I told her to bring me a coffee. I really need a coffee right now.