CHAPTER 42: Party Disaster

BELLA PARKER

When I woke up in the morning, Liam was not beside me. I sat up rubbing my eyes and looked around to see him standing in front of the mirror, adjusting his tie. He looked at me from the mirror.

"You are leaving already?" I asked.

He nodded. "I have some work to do."

Just tell me that you want to avoid me.

"Some important clients of mine are organising a party, so we have to be there tonight." He said.

I nodded. "Will Ryan be coming too?"

"No. He'll be with Maria."

I frowned "But why? He can also come."

"No he can't. Brittany will also be there so I don't want him to get any more panic attacks."

I nodded slowly.

Brittany will be there too?

I wonder why is Ryan scared of her so much. Did she do something bad to him? Of course she did. But what?

"I'll be sending a dress, wear that. And be ready by 7."

I nodded.

With that he left. I got up from the bed and went to the washroom, taking a shower I went down. After the breakfast I came back to my room and sat checking up my Instagram, Ryan was in his room doing his maths. Since Liam told him to focus on that subject he made it his goal to get full marks in that subject. Today in a very stern tone he said to everyone not to disturb him for 2 hours.

I heard a knock on my door, when I opened it there was two maids standing holding a beautiful dress.

"Sir has sent these for you." One of the maid said keeping the dress and a bag that the other maid was holding.

I nodded. "Thank you."

I looked at the dress carefully. It was indeed beautiful. But it was not for me. I have never in my life worn something so revealing. I don't think I can wear this.

I picked up my phone and called Liam

I picked up my phone and called Liam. He answered after few rings.

"Liam." I said.

"Oh missing your husband already?" A female voice came from the other side. I was confused for a moment, I looked at my screen to check whether I have called the right person or not.

"I am sorry, who's this?" I asked.

"You forgot me sweetheart? Remember we met once at a restaurant." She said.

I tried to remember. "Sorry but I can't."

"Okay let me remind you sweetheart, I am Brittany."

That name and I felt my body stiffened.