CHAPTER 38: Insect Bite

BELLA PARKER

When I woke up, I saw Liam laying beside me, sleeping peacefully. Memories of last night flashed in my mind making me blush. Last night was beautiful.

I looked down at myself to see the duvet still covering our naked bodies. Slowly I got up from the bed, making sure not to wake him up. I went to the washroom, taking a shower, I went down. It was still early, so I found only Maria in the kitchen. My baby must be sleeping.

"Good Morning." I said smiling.

Maria turned around and looked at me with a surprised look. "You finally came down. Thank God."

I smiled. "Can I prepare the breakfast?"

"Of course you can. Your baby was missing you so much, he didn't even eat properly last night."

I felt sad. Because of me he didn't eat his food properly.

"I am glad you are finally okay."

I gave her a little smile.

I have to try to move on. Liam was right, I can't stay like this forever. I have to be happy for my Ryan. He is sad because of me. Let's prepare some good food for my baby.

When I was finally done making the breakfast, I was pouring some milk in a glass for Ryan. He hates to drink milk. But I always trap him and he has to drink the milk.

After sometime Ryan came down with a sad face, walking lazily looking down. He didn't look anywhere not even in the front where I was standing. He just entered the kitchen and sat on the stool lost in his thoughts.

I went slowly to him and kept the glass of milk in front of him on the table. He looked at the milk once then said in an angry voice "I don't want milk."

But he didn't look up. And I am damn sure he doesn't know I am standing beside him.

"Not even if Mommy gives you." I said.

Hearing my voice he instantly turned to his side, with wide eyes.

"Mommy."

I smiled looking at him, his mind was still processing. His hand then came slowly up, with one finger he touched my cheek then pulled back instantly.

"Mommy you are real."

"So real."

A bright smile plastered on his face. He hugged me tightly. "I missed you."

"I missed you too baby."

"You okay now?" he asked.

I nodded. "Now you need to finish the milk."

He pouted.

"Okay if you don't want to have the milk then Mommy will again become sad."

His eyes shot up.

"No Mommy. Please don't be sad again. I'll drink the whole milk."

"Come on quick then."

He took the glass in his hand and drank the whole milk in one go.

"Slow down, it's hot." I said trying to stop him.

But this boy never listens, he kept drinking and when he was done, he kept the glass on the table and said "I am a  good boy. I drank the whole milk, now you can't be sad again."

I sighed. "I love you to infinity baby."

"I love you too Mommy."

I hugged him and kissed his cheek.