CHAPTER 34: Safe when with him

BELLA PARKER

"What did Mom say to you?" Liam asked. We were in our room now, Ryan was already asleep.

"Umm... Nothing just somethings about Ryan."

"Bella. I saw her crying. I am not stupid."

I don't want to hurt him, by telling him about his sister, why doesn't he ever understand anything.

"Liam please. I don't want to talk about this." I said turning around so that he can't see my face.

But this is Liam Parker we are talking about here.

He came to me and stood in front of me, he lifted my chin and scanned my face "You okay right?"

I don't know why but I felt the sudden urge to hug him. And without even thinking twice I hugged him. He did not expect that and was shocked for a minute, but then his hand came to my waist pulling me closer. My head rested on his chest, and I closed my eyes.

Can't the time just stop here? With me in his arms.

Nothing but just us.

Him and I.

Liam and Bella.

"Bella?" he called.

My hold became tighter around him. "Please stay like this. For some more time." After that he didn't say anything and stayed in the same position.

He then pulled away from the hug though I didn't want to. He picked me up in his arms in bridal style, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He started walking towards the bed, laying me down on the bed he said "You have done a lot of work today. You need to rest."

Kissing my forehead, he got up. I held his hand "Stay."

What is wrong with me? This is so not like me.

He nodded his head. I shifted to one side making space for him. He laid beside me, pulling me closer to himself. My hands rested on his chest and his hands were on my waist. I closed my eyes, enjoying this feeling, enjoying the warmth. I feel so comfortable.

I don't remember when did I drifted off to sleep. The next morning I woke up, Liam was not beside me. When I went down for breakfast, he wasn't there too. It was just me and Ryan. Maria told me that Liam had some meeting in his office so he went early.

I was sitting in the living room with my phone in my hand. It has been so long since I last spoke to her, I hope she is fine. I think I shouldn't think so much, Liam said that she is fine. I trust him.

"Bella." Someone called. I turned around to see Maria standing with a file in her hand. I got up from the couch and went to her.

"You need something?" I asked.

"Bella, actually Sir forgot this important file at home, he called now. He need this urgently. Can you please go and give it to him?"

"I can Maria but I can't leave Ryan alone. Liam will get angry."

"He won't. He himself asked you to bring that file to him."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So Bella, take this and please go to his company. There is the driver outside to take you."

I nodded and took the file from her. I went to my room and got dressed up, then went outside, I saw Mark waiting for me. I sat inside the car and he started driving.

When we reached Liam's company, I got down. Mark said "Ma'am I'll be waiting for you."

"Okay." I said with a light smile.