Chapter 5 - did you see that too?

You spent the next hour thinking about what to do. Ever since Spencer put his hand on your waist your insides were on fire. Every part of you wanted every part of him. You couldn't stop thinking about his hand on you.. what it would feel like on other places.. 

"So what do you think?" he asked from a few feet in front of you, spinning around on his heels with a small smile pointed in your direction.

"Of?" you ask, trying not to make it obvious that you weren't listening to him in the slightest, too busy thinking about his body on your body.

"Do you want to keep going or stop and eat at the cafe?" he motioned to the small cafe a few hundred feet to your left. It was cute, a couple tables and chairs and the menu had chocolate croissants, something you loved. It might be good to get a snack. 

"Let's stop for a snack" you respond, turning to the left to head into the queue. He followed behind you, getting in line.

"excusez-moi mademoiselle, êtes-vous en ligne?" came a voice from behind me, and I quickly turned to see if it was directed at me. Low and behold, it was. 

A French gentleman was a few feet behind me, ignoring Spencer beginning to crowd my personal space. He was dressed nicely, the kind of European chic you would expect out of such a man. Lots of black and leather, and a very expensive looking checked scarf. He was no doubt handsome and had you not just been thinking about Spencer slamming you into a wall you may have tried flirting with him. 

"désolé, je ne parle pas français" you retort, the only french phrase you made sure you memorized before landing in Paris. He cocked his head at you and looked you up and down, was he checking you out? 

"Oh, my apologies. You blend in like a local I just assumed you were French" he says, a smirk on his face as he begins to walk closer. As he closes the gap between you two Spencer walks closer, making the arrangement a bit like a triangle. "I was asking if you were in line".

"Oh, yes I am." I turn around, thinking the conversation has run its course.

"My name is Geoff. Could I buy your coffee for you?" he continues and you spin back around, shocked. Europe was a strange place. You were pretty, but you have never been the type to have strangers come up to you and buy you drinks. If you were being honest with yourself, it was kind of exciting. 

"Unless you're together" he said as he noticed your apprehension, motioning between you and Spencer with his arm, giving a questioning look.

"NO!" I said much louder than I intended. Spencer quickly looked at me, he almost looked hurt, like the idea of us together was so far fetched. "I mean, no, we're not together like that. Just really good friends." I clarify.

Spencer looks down and begins to walk back a bit, deepening the space between us. 

"Well then, may I? I would also love to show you some of my favorite exhibits around here." He offers. 

You think for a moment, looking over at Spencer who immediately responds for you "She'd love to." to which you look at him, puzzled. 

"You should go with him, and I'll meet you back at the hotel later I'll be fine alone" he quickly says and starts to walk away before you can respond.

What just happened? 

"Uh, okay I guess. I'll meet you at the hotel then!?" you yell as he starts speed walking away into a different exhibit and you see him nod his head in the distance without turning around to look back at you.

Did he just ditch you?

"This way, mon amour" Geoff leads you to the front of the line and orders two coffees and you chat for a bit before he takes you to some of his favorite exhibits, giving you a local's opinions on each and every one. You truly do enjoy his company, you're glad you went with him even if it wasn't even truly your decision. What had gotten into Spencer anyway?