Chapter 9 - spooky scary skeletons

Your shower "quickie" (if you could even call it that) put some spring in your step for the rest of the day. You quickly dried off and began to put on a new outfit for your day of activities. You'd chosen a pair of simple black jeans that stopped just above your ankle and some light pink nikes, perfect for all the walking you would surely be doing today. On top you threw on a white blouse and grabbed an earth-toned jacket for the cool winter weather (PIC BELOW). You kept your hair loose and put on some light makeup to finish off the look. 

**A/N: I don't describe y/n at all so that she can be whoever you want her to be! Also, I go back and forth about which season Spencer this is based on, so I mostly leave that up to you as well! Personally, I think it is season 1/2 personality (pre-trauma) and season 5 hair/style (long haired Spencer could break my back like a glowstick). Anyways back to the story :))))**

"You ready?" Spencer called from around the corner of the room

"You ready?" Spencer called from around the corner of the room. It was now ten in the morning and you and the rest of the gang were going to do some sight-seeing. 

"As ready as I'll ever be!" you respond and head for the door. Before you can reach for it, Spencer reaches it first and opens it for you, politely holding it open and ushering you out. You give a small smile and he sends one back. 

You head down to the lobby and meet up with Emily, Penelope and Derek who are chatting among themselves. You all mill it over for a bit and decide that your first stop would be the catacombs, a really cool tomb you heard about from Hotch before you all left. You arrive there after a brief taxi ride to see a long line and you all sigh in unison. You hop into line anyways and start catching up with the others.

"So, what have you and Spencer been up to since dinner?" Emily whispers toward you, a devilish grin on her face as she waits for your response. 

"Oh, ya know, just... stuff." you whisper back, smiling wide. "He's been teaching me all about Paris, it's been very educational" 

"Oh yeah, I'm sure he's a fantastic teacher" She says with a wink, "French kissing on the syllabus?" 

"Emily!! Quiet!!" you whisper-scream, smacking her in the arm discreetly enough as to not alert the others. 

"What? I think it's great that you two are finally getting some." She sticks out her tongue and turns back to the group and starts talking with them at a normal volume. 

"Did you guys know that the catacombs house the remains of over six million people, twenty meters below the street?" Spencer asks the group "In the eighteenth century Paris was running out of room to bury people so they took to the underground quarries. A lot of the bones in there aren't even buried properly and started spreading disease." 

"Wow. At this rate we won't need a tour guide" Derek teased, and a small frown appeared on Spencer's face. Derek and some of the others often brushed him off when he started spouting facts and it made you sad. He just wanted to be helpful and share his knowledge and you needed him to know he was appreciated. 

"I'd rather have Spencer as a guide anyway!" you smile in his direction and his face lifts from the previous frown to a small smile, a hint of blush creeping up his cheeks. 

"OOOh, someone likes Spencer" Penelope sings and you shoot daggers at her

"Oh, can it." 

"Alright, you guys ready to head in? Emily asked. 

You'd finally reached the front of the line and paid for your tickets, all of you nodding in response to Emily's question. The insides are spooky and you stick close to your group. You could best describe it as a super long hallway or maze, with skeletal systems decorating the walls. You reach out and touch some and quickly pull back, remembering that these were once living, breathing people. The silence was broken only by Spencer spouting off facts he knew about the catacombs and you listen intently, learning as much as you can. You learned that in 2004 police found what seemed to be a bar built within the catacombs that had cameras, sending images back to the perpetrators and a message that said "do not try to find us". Apparently many illegal things used to happen down here and it was used during World War II as well.

"Members of the French resistance were actively using the underground tunnel system to hide out during the war and plan attacks against the Germans. The Catacombs helped to ensure that they wouldn't be seen by German spies and would escape detection. What's even more shocking is that the Nazis also used the Catacombs and built various bunkers and traces of them still remain today." Spencer had told you all as you walked down the long path. 

You all completed the walk around the catacombs and made your way back up to the bustling Parisian streets

You all completed the walk around the catacombs and made your way back up to the bustling Parisian streets. Despite your light jacket, the wind had picked up and you were now quite cold. You tried to hide your shivers as you all walked over to a cafe nearby but Spencer caught you in the corner of his eye. Falling back behind the others, he took his hands and rubbed up and down along the sides of your arms in a sweet attempt to warm you up. You smiled sweetly at him and he winked, releasing you and catching up to the rest of the gang. You suddenly felt bursting with warmth, all thanks to the mop headed boy you'd grown so fond of over the last few days. You know what they say about Paris... 

**A/N: the catacombs are super cool if you ever go to Paris I highly recommend you visit, definitely one of the best things I did while there a handful of years ago. picture above :) and all facts are accurate.

sorry this was kinda a filler, fluff chapter but I wanted to get something in and I've been writing a lot of smut I felt like so this is a nice little break with the others! It's hard for me to keep up when writing dialogue between all five of them because I feel like I kinda push the others under the rug bc they're less important to the story but im trying! LOL any who thanks for reading and voting I appreciate it so much!**