Chapter 15 - trying new things

Spencer and you spent the next few days roaming the city, hopelessly in love. You could tell that the others were sick of it by their disgusted looks when you two would kiss in front of them or do anything remotely deemed "lovey-dovey" but you didn't care. Spencer didn't even mind when Derek ragged on him all evening after he heard him call me princess. We were just happy to be here, together, no matter what we were doing or who was around.

With only a few days remaining of our trip we wanted to use this time carefully, exploring every aspect of Paris there was to see. 

One evening as Spencer, Emily, and I walked along the 4th arrondissement (known for boutiques and some seriously fun gay bars) we noticed small crowds of people who looked to be in their mid twenties entering an unmarked door placed along an alleyway. With our interest piqued, we stopped across the street for a few minutes, continuing to watch people enter and exit in groups. The women entering were scantily clad to say the least, so you assumed it was a club atmosphere, perhaps a bar. After people watching for longer than you'd care to admit, you convinced Emily and Spencer to come with you to see what the big deal was about this mysterious door. 

You grabbed Spencer's hand and led them towards the tall wooden door, gripping the handle tight and yanking it open. You were met with light smoke and red disco lights, confirming your suspicions that this was a nightclub. You took a slight step down as you walked further inside, Emily and Spencer in tow, you began to notice that people seemed very relaxed, many couples so close to each other that they may as well have been having sex in front of you. The customs must be different as far as public indecency in Europe, you thought. You turned and met the eyed of your friends, them looking as utterly confused as you were. Emily jerked her head to the side encouraging you to follow her and you did, her leading the three of you into a red velvet booth located just to the right of the bar. You all sat down and took in your surroundings. 

"I'm going to get us drinks, what do you want?" Emily asked the two of you, moving to stand from the booth once you had settled.

"I'll take a beer" Spencer replied

"Vodka martini, please" you smiled sweetly, raising your voice over the music.

She turned and left, walking the short distance to the bar and placing the drink orders. 

"What even is this place?" Spencer asked you

"Seems like some sort of sexy club" 

"The only sexy thing I see is sitting right next to me" he smirked, taking his hand and placing it on your upper thigh, sending heat rushing through your body. 

You chuckled and gently pushed on his chest, telling him he was being silly. He had been extra flirty all night, you guessed it was because he was finally comfortable with you. That made you so happy, you wanted him to feel like he could be himself around you. At dinner with the others he had his hand on you at all times, leaning over multiple times to kiss your jaw and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, getting a suspicious eyebrow raise from Derek that Spencer paid no mind to. When you split from Derek and Penelope for the night, who wanted to go check out Moulin Rouge, Emily stayed with you even though she knew she would be a "third wheel" in the words of Penelope. You over for a moment and saw Emily chatting with a few people at the bar, it slipped your mind that she spoke French but she was helpful to have around because of it. 

You placed your hand over Spencers and rubbed small circles, smiling at him while you waited for Emily to return with the drinks. You noticed a figure approach from your side and looked up to see Emily with her hands outstretched, handing you both your drinks. 

"Thank you madame" you told her, noticing a huge grin slapped on her face "what's gotten into you?" 

"So I was talking with some guys over by the bar right?" she asks and you nod "well, you'll never believe it.."