𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗹𝘆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Angel, Hotch and I will go inside. We have reason to believe that the unsub is storing the heads of his previous victims in the basement of this house." Rossi pointed towards the rather large house Lyle Dimitriou lived in. "Captain, you'll come with us. The unsub could be in there."

The captain nodded, conversing with his men and stationing them outside the house. They didn't want to let this unsub get away.

"Morgan and Hanson, I want you out back." Hotch ordered them, watching Hanson nod hesitantly. "Reid and Prentiss, you check out the shed."

And so, the team diverged, going where they were ordered to. Fallon watched as Prentiss and Spencer ran towards the rickety old shed that sat on the outskirts of the property, but her gaze was blocked by the walls of the grand old house that she had walked into — with Aaron and the Captain in front of her and Rossi behind her.

"Don't worry mia cara, we'll find him." Rossi whispered as policemen crept silently around the house, yelling out 'clear' as they cleared different parts of the house.

"I hope so." Fallon chewed on her bottom lip as she approached the basement with the rest of her little team.

Hotch threw the basement door open, watching as the basement filled with light and the wretched smell of decaying corpses assaulted their noses.

Fallon had to keep from gagging as she crept down the stairs, Rossi tailing after her as they all aimed their guns down into the basement.

"Lyle Dimitriou. This is the FBI." Aaron's strong voice rung out into the air.

Fallon looked around the dirty, old basement, wrinkling her nose at the mess of instruments the unsub no doubt used for manicuring the heads of the victims to perfection. Ew.

It all happened to suddenly. That's what you're supposed to say in a report or an interview when the first bullet gets fired. Because it did. It happened so suddenly.

Bullets sprayed towards the team, one hitting the captain in the chest as the rest of their group ducked for cover, watching as the captain crawled his way over to Hotch, who had rushed to help him get cover as well.

"YOU WILL NOT DISRUPT THE GODS." The unsub screamed, his voice echoing in the darkness.

"Lyle, we just want to talk." Fallon said softly as she watched him approach them, emerging from the darkness of the basement with a gun shaking in his hands.

"No. The gods do not want me to talk to you." He replied in anguish.

Fallon raised her arms out, tucking her gun into her holster before slowly standing up, ignoring the silent pleas from Aaron to stay down.

"I'm coming out now Lyle. And we're not going to talk okay? I am. And you're going to listen. The gods can't dispute that, right?" She asked him gently.