•[ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁴]•

°» Y/N POV «°

"And that goes there, all right I'm done!" I huffed proudly.

I stared at my hard work for a total time of 5 minutes before snapping out of my thoughts.

"Wait, what's that noise?" I said, suspiciously.

I placed my ear against the floor to only hear chatter among some grownups. Being the nosy person I was, I continued to listen.

Most of the talk was about the neighbourhood gossip, how we ended up in this area, and also how tasty our cookie were. It was all boring news. Until I heard...

"Let me introduce you to my son, Tim! He's shy sometimes but he love to help out people!" A woman said, spiritedly.

"If you ever need help, just ask him!" A male voice added.

"Oh no. Mum and Dad are probably going to introduce me to one of the new neighbours! I just hope it's not that boy I was waving to earlier.." I thought to myself.

"Y/n! Honey, please come down. There's someone we'd like you to meet!" Mum called from downstairs.

I took a deep breath and went downstairs. The atmosphere started getting cold and my heart started beating faster.

As I took the last step down the stairs, looked up towards some grownup strangers and in front of them was...

THAT BOY! OH MY GOD NO. I CAN'T-

"Hi there, I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves yet! My name is Tim Templeton! You can call me Tim for short." The boy said, sticking out his hand.

"I uh- my name is Y/N! You can call me (nickname) for short!" I spoke.

I shook his hand and stared back at mum. Purposely widening my eyes at her.

"Oh! Do you wanna know Tim's parents names?" Mum questioned me, completely oblivious to what I was trying to tell her. "Well, they're right here so why not you ask them?"

I huffed loud enough for only mum to hear.

"That's right Y/N! You have two parents born during the dinosaur age that they don't know anything about peer awkwardness." I mumbled to myself.

I turned my head to the Templtons to see their faces light up. The parent's wore big smiles while Tim was constantly tugging their sleeves. He was probably feeling intense awkwardness too.

"Oh my gosh! Janice! Someone actually wants to know our names!" The male said, exaggerating. "Do you know what this means?!"

"Yes Ted! We're paving our way to fame and money!!" The woman added.

They were acting all "hippity-hoppity" as I stared in disbelief. Adults acting like the world is so positive. Well, I hope nobody destroys their dreams of being famous and rich.

"Umm, I really hoped you liked our cookies, Mrs and Mr...?" I stammered, waiting for an answer.

"Oh yes! My name is Janice Templeton and this is my husband Ted Templeton. You can just call me Janice-" the woman said, soon being cut off.

"And you can call me Ted!" The man chided. "But we do prefer being called mum and dad by all the
other children who live in this neighbourhood."

Immediately they started making some uncanny sounds of an electric guitar and moved their fingers, as if they were playing it.

"Mum, Dad! You're embarrassing me!" Tim whined, facing his parents.

"You know what, it's been a long day! Why not we chat another time?" I asked him.

He gave a hefty sigh and nodded. Taking his parent's hand and leaving my house.

I waved back at him, but I had a feeling he didn't realise...

"Great. Another awkward wave." I huffed to myself.

"Well, aren't they an interesting family.." my mum worriedly spoke.

"Y/N, please don't grow up to be like that...I think they have serious social problems..." Dad whispered to my ear.

"You know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover." I answered back.