The Hares

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Since that encounter with Jacob in the fields, Emorie and she had made sure that Jacob was in the smithy when they had decided to go out for their baths. Thankfully, that hadn't been too hard to do, and Emorie was kind enough to check so that she wouldn't have to make eye contact with Jacob, who was frightening her all the more with his actions. Needless to say, she was thankful that she was with her parents or Emorie wherever she went. As a precaution, though, they did change their bathing spot to one north of the previous one and in a small woods section that was covered in the green grass of the fields. It was very similar to the other one, and they figured that it was the same stream, just a more northern part of it.

Thankfully, she had multiple things on her mind at the moment, however, so she didn't wind up focusing on what awful plans Jacob might be developing for the both of them. If his sister or he did try something else, Emorie, her parents and she would make sure that neither of them succeeded. Not dwelling on that for too long, though, she grinned at the finished product in her hands. It finally was completed!

Yes, it was a little mismatched since it was made from leftover wool, so there were sections of darker brown before it transitioned into lighter areas. She managed to weave in an insignia and coat of arms too and tried to replicate it to the one that she had seen all those years ago. Of course, the colors weren't correct; they were dark and light blues rather than maroon and green.

A smile remained on her lips despite the differences. Even with the color change, the two bears and short swords were pretty clear in the design, and she had done enough weaving in her life to know that the surcoat would fit him if he ever chose to wear it around his home. She didn't expect him to wear it around the village since there was no need to unless he truly wanted to. An embarrassed expression coated her countenance at the thought, but she smiled too.

The only concern remained whether he would like it or not. Hopefully, he would, especially since he mentioned that he liked his casual clothes more than his formal knight attire and armor. She wouldn't have the answer to that question, though, until after their wedding ... if they did get married. At the present point, she had a feeling that it would be rather odd if they didn't. After all the time they had spent together, they hadn't encountered anything that would ruin their compatibility with each other.

Her mind traveled back to their water fight a week and a half ago. Cheeks warming up, she held the surcoat closer and smiled into it. After their fight, they had dried off on the grass outside of the woods and simply lied down next to each other. It had been absolutely lovely, and her cheeks warmed all the more at how they had shared a few more kisses while there. Thankfully, her parents hadn't questioned either of them, though it probably helped that both of them had been dry when they had returned, and they had the trout that Emorie had caught for dinner that evening since Emorie had managed to catch three more.

"(F/n)." Hearing her name, though, she broke out of her thoughts and looked over to her mother. If it wasn't considered unladylike, one of her eyebrows would be raised, and her lips would be curled up into a smirk. "You've been staring off into space for awhile now." Her mother stood up from her stool, finished with weaving for the day. "Don't you think that you should be hiding that instead?" She motioned to the surcoat in her daughter's hands. "He'll be here any moment. And if you plan to give that to him on your wedding day, it wouldn't make sense for him to see it early, now would it?"