The Collection

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Throughout the area and the trees, there was a gentle breeze that swept through. Blades of grass swayed back and forth while a few leaves were carried up into the light wind. They swirled through the air, colors of yellow, orange and red. No words were written upon them, and no flashes of silver and blue swept through the clearing. Rather, it was quieter than usual.

Water flowed downward and eastward in the stream while smoothened pebbles seemed to shine beneath the crystal-clear water. No blood tainted the water, and the trail of crimson that had been to its west was no longer present. It was as though it had vanished completely, and that was the truth of the matter. None of the villagers had come to check the woods again, though; one was quite adamant on doing so. Unfortunately for her, her parents and some of the other villagers kept watch around the village for signs of the knight or of her trying to leave and go look for him.

None of the residents of the clearing were aware of what the woman was trying to achieve. Rather, they had their own plan that they were attending to, and it wasn't in the clearing for once. It wasn't even in the nearby trees. No, they went somewhere even more private.

Excitement existed among them as the siblings finally would pay their price. Perhaps, they were being a little harsh on their method of payment, but they hadn't received such an opportunity before. The specimen before them had far too many wishes that could work in benefit of providing them an excellent, entertaining experiment. Of course, their subject would be paying his own prices, but they were far fairer than what the siblings would receive.

Frankly, none of the pixies felt guilty about what they potentially were unleashing upon those two since the brother had gone ahead and insulted them on multiple accounts. As if they would let such behavior slide by them. First, yelling at them that he would prove them wrong and then proceeding to spill blood on their land to insult them further. Not to mention his attitude towards their offer to give his sister and him a false trail. They wanted to restore their wounded pride? Ha!

That was far from the truth. No, they wanted to grant a wish of his so that he owed them something in return, and the beauty of the price was that they chose what it was. They didn't need to be fair about it; they only were ever fair out of the kindness of their hearts or if it produced a more entertaining outcome.

Whispers echoed quietly around their current location. Dull spheres of light blue floated around the rocky space. Tall stone walls surrounded them, and darkness stared back at them from beyond the dim lights. The ground was smooth and led off to the water on its southern side. That was the only side where there wasn't a wall branching up towards the rocky ceiling.

A few of the creatures sat upon rocks and kicked their legs back and forth as they gossiped about the end result of this experiment. None of them knew exactly what the specimen would look like at the end of all of the wishes being granted, but some posed theories to their colleagues. One pixie thought that the subject might lose most of his mental capacity, minus the distinction between friend and foe. In essence, the pixie figured that the subject would become more of an animal. Another thought the opposite and assumed that the subject would gain greater intelligence and could be used as a weapon for the petite fae creatures.

Despite these viewpoints, others came out with different results, and the theories kept floating around the dark chamber, creating a lively discussion amid the sitting pixies. Unlike them, though, there were others who were more focused on assembling the subject than debating on what actually might happen once the wishes were granted. Naturally, they heard the various theories given how voices echoed in the space, but they wanted to be done with carrying the bloody mess. Honestly, some of them wished that they had offered to lift the body from the clearing outside so that they wouldn't have to deal with all of the blood even if it was dry by that point.